Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

So the lyric sheet in the vinyl is cool. @dentalplan did you get a download code? 

Nah man. Maybe they'll email us one? Shoulda just pirated this mf. Did enjoy perusing the lyric sheet though.

First impressions are that the it's excellent but it's gonna take me a few more listens to fully get to grips with as it shunts from one style to another all around the joint. Wasn't impressed by Peter Pan, naturally. Also not feeling the same love for Put Your Money On Me, whereas I really enjoyed stuff like Electric Blue and Infinite Content. Though I read PYMOM is thought by Win to be one of their best tracks so he'll probably know better and I'll persevere with it. Chemistry was pretty good but it sounded better live last night. Anyway onto listen #2...

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah man. Maybe they'll email us one? Shoulda just pirated this mf. Did enjoy perusing the lyric sheet though.

Maybe, i got mine from Piccadilly though so probably won't help me. I mean it sorta makes sense what with the whole anti internet/mass media thing but yeah I can't take my record player on the bus so gonna have to get the rip. 

I'm on Signs of Life rn, sounds even better on record 

Edited by MattDavies__

3 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Some absolute trash on here, but some tracks are great, so as long as they are selective with their live picks I'm not too bothered. Bagged manc tickets this morning so ready for round 5! 

P.s wtf is Peter Pan?

It's the song, if is included in the live set,  you nick to the toilet during, then nick to the bar for a couple of beers

First listen and so far I'm pleasantly surprised considered the mixed reviews. I'm surprised by the number of reviews that are negative about Creature Comfort and Electric Blue, I think they're brilliant. Can see why the middle section of Peter Pan, Chemistry and Infinite Content is mixed,  but it's nowhere near as bad as people seem to be making out IMO.

There does seem to have been a marked shift in songwriting to a more repetitive style, particularly in regard to the lyrics. I think that makes the weaker songs seem to drag on a bit too long.

Looking forward to a second listen on wax when I get home.

To be fair to Chemistry as much as I'm not a fan of it I prefer it to Good God Damn, at least Chemistry is a bit more interesting whereas Good God Damn is just ridiculously dull. Listened to the album twice again today and I do think it's growing on me. Part of the problem is how much I like the singles, it's easier to focus on the rest of the album and forget about the great songs I'm already very familiar with.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

To be fair to Chemistry as much as I'm not a fan of it I prefer it to Good God Damn, at least Chemistry is a bit more interesting whereas Good God Damn is just ridiculously dull. Listened to the album twice again today and I do think it's growing on me. Part of the problem is how much I like the singles, it's easier to focus on the rest of the album and forget about the great songs I'm already very familiar with.

I agree, that's the problem with releasing 4 singles pre-album from a 10 track album. We've already heard nearly half of it and they were all stellar, that definitely needs factoring into people's judgment.

Had a couple more listens, still think it's one of the weaker songs on the album but Peter Pan's been a grower for me. Think that Good God Damn might be the weakest track on the album, it just doesn't go anywhere.

Really wonder how some of the songs will translate live. Can't imagine PYMOM or WDDL being performed all that much despite them being some of the better songs on the album.

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Anyone else preorder EN on vinyl? If so have you received yours yet? Not had mine today and pretty sure the postie has packed up for the day :(

I ordered the night time vinyl and it arrived this morning. Got an email last night saying it was ready to be delivered as well. Arrived at same time as my Glastonbury t-shirt!

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Anyone else preorder EN on vinyl? If so have you received yours yet? Not had mine today and pretty sure the postie has packed up for the day :(

Yeah I ordered mine thru official channels and got mine this morning. Dunno where its distributed from but I guess it'll be with ya tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Rylbld9 said:

Had a couple more listens, still think it's one of the weaker songs on the album but Peter Pan's been a grower for me. Think that Good God Damn might be the weakest track on the album, it just doesn't go anywhere.

Yeah similar happening to me. Good God Damn I just straight up forgot when thinking of the low points - I don't think it's bad and its okay as filler goes but it's pretty anonymous.

PYMOM has clicked with me for sure. Second verse is a wonder.

I've realised that both sides of Infinite Content remind me of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. No idea what that says, but I still like it despite the lack of, er, content.

Edited by dentalplan

Just listened to it....

The album starts very strongly. The pre realeased stuff is great...thrn peter pan. Hmm, its just a bit odd. Doesn't really flow to me. Chemistry is not as bad as I expected after reading the reviwews on here, but Im not that into it.

I quite like infinite content and infinite_content. Filler yes, but I enjoyed them.

Electric Blue is a grower. I can't say Im that into it, but it's nice enough.

Good God Damn is god damn boring. Not sure what the point of it is. Boring.

Of the non pre released tracks, put your money on me is by far the best. The only one I am eager to hear live.

We dont deserve love is nice enough as a closer, before a slowed Everything Now reprise.

I think the disappointment people have is due to the fact we had already heard the best stuff

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I've realised that both sides of Infinite Content remind me of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. No idea what that says, but I still like it despite the lack of, er, content.

Got major Wilco vibes from pt 2. It's an odd one, pt1 is dumb and grating whereas pt 2 is just bliss - combined though, pt 2 really makes the dumbness of pt 1 worth it.

Hmmm with reflector I was very positive and have gradually lost enthusiasm for it (some great songs but significantly worse than the three before). 

With this I loved the first three singles but it is disappointing to hear they are the standout tracks (along with the penultimate one). Hoping it grows on me and is better live (as everything they do generally is)