Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Yeah, certainly expect it to be played in Manchester with the release a few hours later.

Also on that, AFTube tweeted earlier that curfew for the Castlefield Bowl is 10:30pm, which would be a disappointment. It said 11pm when buying the tickets though, and most gigs for that venue as far as I can gather.

I do like the new song, definitely the weakest of the three but still good enough that I'm not really worried about the album. However, I've found the lyrics in Signs of Life and Creature Comfort to be almost distractingly bad (they're alright in Everything Now). That said, I feel like they intended for the lyrics to be a lot more blunt and in-your-face for Creature Comfort so that kind of excuses it, although I may be giving them too much credit (I'm torn between whether the line about their first record is brilliant or utterly dreadful :P). Hoping they drop at least one more before the album release.

5 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Also on that, AFTube tweeted earlier that curfew for the Castlefield Bowl is 10:30pm, which would be a disappointment. It said 11pm when buying the tickets though, and most gigs for that venue as far as I can gather.

That's a bit rubbish then if they are not on till 9pm, £60 for an 90 min set...

5 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Yeah, certainly expect it to be played in Manchester with the release a few hours later.

It looks like the curfew is 10.30pm on a 'school' night and 11pm on Friday/Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm going to Arcade Fire in Manchester on Thursday. The ticket says it starts at 5pm, but what time do people think we need to realistically arrive by?

Ta!

On stage at 9 apparently.

Train gets in at 5.30 and I'm not fussed about the support so planning to meet a couple of mates for a beer then heading over around 8-8.30ish.

5 hours ago, liamium said:

get there earlier rather than later imo. that place always feels a bit oversold and you don't wanna end up behind the bleachers, up the hill. big canopy things will destroy your view. 

Eeeep, ok...also good knowledge! I'll consult my friend tomorrow :)

Gonna head for Cask, great little place between Deansgate and the venue. I'm thinking I'll bring my sequined hat I got at Glastonbury. ;)

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=m3&locationID=59618&lat=53.5&lon=-2.3&dateFor=06/07/2017

All to play for with the weather, currently says 45% chance of rain!

Edited by Simpo

Really looking forward to this. Just can't wait to see them take to the stage, it feels like 10 years since I last saw them. I don't mind Signs Of Life but I don't think I'd be skipping to it when the album comes out. I'm hopeful that there will be an absolute beauty on there that none of us hear until it comes out. One of those Arcade Fire songs that you feel like you couldn't live without. Probably get to Manchester for 3ish for a good few drinks. Deffo want to be in there in early enough to get a good spot near the front. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So, do we think that because it's MIF, they'll play the new album in full rather than giving us loads and loads of hits?

Very much doubt it. Will be pretty similar to recent setlists, still think there's room for them to add more songs though 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why the optimism? I thought the Manchester Festival gigs were usually about performances of new works.

Don't get me wrong i'd love to hear the new album but I doubt half the crowd would be happy missing out on the usual songs. They've been playing variations of the same set with new ones added in since last year 

Just now, kaytee... said:

Don't get me wrong i'd love to hear the new album but I doubt half the crowd would be happy missing out on the usual songs. They've been playing variations of the same set with new ones added in since last year 

I hope you're right and being the festival doesn't really make a difference. What they've been doing on this tour is just fine by me.