Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Aye, the crowd was shocking in Belfast last night. I'm surprised as Belsonic is a daily festival, like BST, so it's not like people bought a week ticket and showed up just to see what the fuss is; anyone who bought a ticket was there for Arcade Fire! (I'm completely disregarding the possibility that anyone paid £50 just to see The Kooks..)

In fairness, I think this is just a Belfast thing. I've been to quite a few Belfast gigs and none stick out to me as having a particularly great atmosphere, especially compared to the gigs I've been to in Liverpool/Manchester. It's a shame, it's a rarity Belfast gets an act like Arcade Fire.

4 hours ago, evilduck said:

The in the round stage doesn't particularly help the crowd as you have fans spread out around all the barriers. At the corn exchange I was about 6 from the front and it was only really lively for a handful of songs.

Also Haiti needs to stay in the setlist always.

See, the in-the-round in S'thorpe worked superbly. Wasn't too near the stage - in fact, as far away as could be tbh - but it was electric.

14 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Aye, the crowd was shocking in Belfast last night. I'm surprised as Belsonic is a daily festival, like BST, so it's not like people bought a week ticket and showed up just to see what the fuss is; anyone who bought a ticket was there for Arcade Fire! (I'm completely disregarding the possibility that anyone paid £50 just to see The Kooks..)

In fairness, I think this is just a Belfast thing. I've been to quite a few Belfast gigs and none stick out to me as having a particularly great atmosphere, especially compared to the gigs I've been to in Liverpool/Manchester. It's a shame, it's a rarity Belfast gets an act like Arcade Fire.

I don't think the roses gig helped. Both being on the same night. I know many who would have loved to do both. I thought the band were excellent but the crowd were a bit quiet. Sad that intervention was not in the setlist 

4 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

See, the in-the-round in S'thorpe worked superbly. Wasn't too near the stage - in fact, as far away as could be tbh - but it was electric.

Agree, think it works really well as in those kind of venues it's impossible to be far away, and everyone in the band is engaging imo, didn't even bother me that Win and Regine were on the other side. 

(Don't think Belfast had that setup anyway though).

2 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

Agree, think it works really well as in those kind of venues it's impossible to be far away, and everyone in the band is engaging imo, didn't even bother me that Win and Regine were on the other side. 

(Don't think Belfast had that setup anyway though).

Aye, Belsonic is more medium-sized festival stage, I think?

The studio version of Creature Comforts is out there now, guessing it must be getting an official release tomorrow. Sounds really good but I think it came across better live. Really hyped for this album though, been a lot of really good albums this year with nothing amazing yet but I've got high hopes for this.

48 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Funeral has disappeared off of Spotify for me, has this happened for anyone else?

I can't find the studio version of Creature Comforts but can't wait to hear it, sounds epic live based on the videos I've seen!

funeral has vanished for me too 

Was at Belfast gig on Tuesday too. Thought they were great but yeah, crowd pretty poor. Maybe it being on a Tuesday night didn't help as most weren't making a big night of it (I had no problem in that regard, head pounding yesterday). But agree, Belfast more than not is pretty poor atmosphere-wise. Only gigs that seems to be in high demand would be stuff like Tiesto etc when all the kids go to get winged. Still, loved Tuesday, would love to see them again very soon 

It fizzes a lot more for me on Spotify than the leak, I like when I can hear that better quality.

Oh it's a good un! Back on a big Arcade Fire kick I am, think the break they had has done me and them good.:D

The Creature Comfort lyrics are more interesting to me than anything they've done since The Suburbs.

A few clunky lines, but the 'assisted suicide' verse is brilliant imo, and the 'stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback' thing works really well on different levels. Also Regine's 'some boys...' part.

Really like the song but it does seem a bit flat having listened to the live version a fair bit already.

Edited by bocumaroy