Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

you could always downgrade

I'm really quite lazy when it comes to that sort of thing. Super organised for Glastonbury, barely at all organised for any fucking thing else. Also idk how the rest of my package comes into it; getting loads of fibreoptic broadband on it, Netflix included, it's good. 

Seen Arcade Fire tonight in Belfast. Pretty great gig, but they didn't blow me away. I expect Castlefield Bowl to be a much better venue/crowd. Can't remember the setlist because I've a head like a sieve, but they opened with Everything Now>>Haiti; Neon Bible & The Suburbs was played; finished the main set with Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)>>Rebellion (Lies) and encored with Wake Up. Biggest exclusion was Tunnels, praying they play that at Castlefield Bowl!

Edited by Johnkhutch

45 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Seen Arcade Fire tonight in Belfast. Pretty great gig, but they didn't blow me away. I expect Castlefield Bowl to be a much better venue/crowd. Can't remember the setlist because I've a head like a sieve, but they opened with Everything Now>>Haiti; Neon Bible & The Suburbs was played; finished the main set with Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)>>Rebellion (Lies) and encored with Wake Up. Biggest exclusion was Tunnels, praying they play that at Castlefield Bowl!

i saw a video from the belfast gig that crowd was bloody awful. i thought parklife was bad lol. ppl just talking through everything now.

Castlefield bowl will be 10000x better than that.

2 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

It upsets me that Tunnels appears to have been demoted to a rotation in the setlist as it's such an important song in their live show. It appears Haiti has been promoted to the Funeral "Big 4".

agreed, Tunnels should never be dropped.

Think Haiti has always been a set staple pretty much? Don't know how accurate it is but Setlist.fm has it as their fourth most played song. They're both in my top five but I'd rather they dropped Tunnels of the two because Regine only has that and Sprawl II as regular lead vocals. 

No It's Never Over is the biggest shame imo.

I don't mind them playing with the inclusion of Tunnels. It's the no. 1 fan favourite but playing it every set means people are expecting it rather than hoping for it. They can't have that many undroppables off one old album as they're still a living, breathing, brilliant band so just the three is fine.

7 hours ago, TiZuff said:

i saw a video from the belfast gig that crowd was bloody awful. i thought parklife was bad lol. ppl just talking through everything now.

Castlefield bowl will be 10000x better than that.

As if people at Castlefield Bowl won't talk through everything apart from Wake Up, Power Out, and Rebellion. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

As if people at Castlefield Bowl won't talk through everything apart from Wake Up, Power Out, and Rebellion. 

It'll be a crowd of dedicated fans who were lucky enough to get tickets in an instant sell out for what was at the time the band's only announced UK show (not counting IoW cos shite). It's gonna be electric.

Or, alternatively, it'll be a bunch of people who got tickets when they went on sale because it's a famous band who they know three songs by.

Seen Arcade Fire in Manchester plenty of times, Academy 05, both nights at the Apollo in 07, MEN 07, G-Mex 10, MEN 11 etc. 

More times than not, talkers in the crowd utterly ruin it. Every time I've been to one of these Castlefield gigs it's full of nobs anyway. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Or, alternatively, it'll be a bunch of people who got tickets when they went on sale because it's a famous band who they know three songs by.

Seen Arcade Fire in Manchester plenty of times, Academy 05, both nights at the Apollo in 07, MEN 07, G-Mex 10, MEN 11 etc. 

More times than not, talkers in the crowd utterly ruin it. Every time I've been to one of these Castlefield gigs it's full of nobs anyway. 

Unless casual fans get refreshing at 8.59am I highly doubt it. 6k tickets sold out in minutes. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Such bitterness. Did you not get tickets?

The in the round stage doesn't particularly help the crowd as you have fans spread out around all the barriers. At the corn exchange I was about 6 from the front and it was only really lively for a handful of songs.

Also Haiti needs to stay in the setlist always.