Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Wow! What a sublime, incredible, amazing gig. The band were just simply breath-taking and the venue was great! I was on the side that Win and Regine spent most time on so just lucky on that respects! The new songs sound fantastic live and Wake Up played acoustically was amazing. ( I videoed most of that if anyone wants to see it?). The setlist was excellent and ran pretty much perfect. Would have liked The Suburbs but cant ask for everything!

Also I thought the way the security dealt with searching people was really well done and didn't take long at all.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Looks amazing. Imagine if you got some of those deep cuts too - your Windowsills, In The Backseats. Man. Wish I was about for the York Hall gigs. 

Yeah was slightly annoying they didn't do these when they still had quite a lot of time to play with. Lack of The Suburbs was also slightly annoying but I was wondering if that was due to not being able to fit a piano on stage for Win. Not sure if he could have used any of the other sets of keys that were on stage, though.

Haven't listened to Reflektor in a couple of years and just did - don't think I've ever enjoyed it as much, actually. Absense makes the heart grow fonder, and that. Disc II is outrageous. Disc I though, lol

By the way, did anyone see someone in the crowd stick their fingers up Richard's nose when he went up to the barrier at Sc**thorpe? Very odd.

He didn't seem best pleased, but didn't even stop playing for a beat. What a guy!

Edited by fowls

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Credit where it's due, they cranked some life into a dying dog of a venue. Sound was still a wee bit muddy, but they put in the work.

Patchy setlist, though, so by no means a classic.

Agreed, was a great last 45 minutes but me and mates nipped to the bar about 3 or 4 songs in and didn't feel like we were missing anything. 

They were great though, not Barras-during-the-Reflektor-tour great but still great nonetheless