Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

On 5/17/2017 at 9:38 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Same same.  Last chance saloon for these lads.  If there's a tonne of new material and Reflektor tracks I'll be weeping into my pint.

I'm holding out hope for only a couple of newies (Manchester gig), but Reflektor tracks are OK by me. If they waste precious time on recent non-album guff like Get Right or I Give You Power I'd get right grumpy tho.

Not really listened to BEAK> but the Portishead connection makes it sound like a pretty legit pick for support act so I'm happy with that and will give a proper listen soon. Reckon we'll get another one on top of that or is that our lot? These 'Sounds of the City' things usually have at least a couple don't they?

17 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Not really listened to BEAK> but the Portishead connection makes it sound like a pretty legit pick for support act so I'm happy with that and will give a proper listen soon. Reckon we'll get another one on top of that or is that our lot? These 'Sounds of the City' things usually have at least a couple don't they?

That's the lot I think, I'm sure Bjork only had 1 as did Paolo Nutini (Lianne La Havas), would need to check though

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

Pretty small act to have supporting at Castlefield Bowl. It was Maximo Park last time I went there.

That'd be the other festival thing that goes on there rather than the MIF, no?

3 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

it was Arca supporting Bjork when I went. Absolutely atrocious pretentious drivel, one of his songs sounded like you were going through a car wash 

beg to differ with this r kid

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Ah is it different events that just happen to be at the same venue? Doesn't make any sense to compare then really.

Yeah, there seems to be some sort of affiliation, but I think it just goes as far as MIF use the other festival's stage for one night, other than that they appear to be completely separate.

12 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Joel from Arcade Fire Tube (you can find it on twitter) says this week is a 'big week'. Could be a secret show, a single or maybe even the new album.

I know they're thought to be doing a secret gig in Barcelona as part of Primavera so could be talking about that, unless there's more to come.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know they're thought to be doing a secret gig in Barcelona as part of Primavera so could be talking about that, unless there's more to come.

The secret gig was being mentioned before the 'big week' tweets. I'd take that to mean (a) new song/s.

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

The secret gig was being mentioned before the 'big week' tweets. I'd take that to mean (a) new song/s.

Really hope that's the case. Going to Primavera myself and would love some new music to get excited about hearing live.

edit: or be crushingly disappointed with...

Edited by FloorFiller

52 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Joel from Arcade Fire Tube (you can find it on twitter) says this week is a 'big week'. Could be a secret show, a single or maybe even the new album.

I thought Arcade Fire Tube was completely unofficial? Would they know something everybody else doesn't? And if so would they have any reason to hold back?

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I thought Arcade Fire Tube was completely unofficial? Would they know something everybody else doesn't? And if so would they have any reason to hold back?

To be fair to them, they have been at it a while and you can find out stuff by keeping your ear to the ground and trying really hard. People will come to you if you build enough of a profile. Even I managed it a couple of years ago with Secret Glasto. @Muppetmark built the profile the year before and some tips just came into my lap. Had to do a bit of work following things up and cross checking, but I managed to find out a few things that weren't just from here (although most was!)

The point is, given enough graft and time, you can get info even if you start off without connections. And Arcade Fire Tube seems to have been putting on some graft, so it might be legit.

Well if there's something coming, I hope it is new music. If we're going to be getting new songs in Manchester then I'd ideally like to hear them beforehand. It'd obviously be different if they weren't recorded yet, and the live shows were a way to work them out before getting them on tape; but I think as far as we know the album is recorded and mastered and ready to go. Any idea what it'll sound like? Didn't one of them say it was going in more of new wave/post punk direction?