Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Bloody hell, why must they be doing festivals the week after Glasters? I will never get that time off work or afford it. Absolute bugger because I know people going to both pissing festivals. Really hope they do a few more. Dare we dream of a tour date in Manchester?

Just now, TomViolence said:

Really wasn't expecting this news! There had a been a few rumours in some of the other threads but I still wasn't convinced. I'm hoping we get a UK tour but I'll be sorting my ticket for NOS tomorrow. Best lineup I've seen this year other than Primavera.

the lineup was insane before, but with the addition of Arcade Fire? just ridiculous. the fact that i doubt i'll be going to either of those festivals makes me insanely sad

have Arcade Fire ever done these kind of non-album related shows before? pretty interesting. wonder if they'll just continue down the Reflektor heavy setlists, bring in some oldies or if they'll be previewing new stuff

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

the lineup was insane before, but with the addition of Arcade Fire? just ridiculous. the fact that i doubt i'll be going to either of those festivals makes me insanely sad

have Arcade Fire ever done these kind of non-album related shows before? pretty interesting. wonder if they'll just continue down the Reflektor heavy setlists, bring in some oldies or if they'll be previewing new stuff

I know, I was contemplating it before Arcade Fire and Radiohead were announced :lol:

I'm not aware of AF doing this before, it does seem peculiar. Maybe we'll get a random EP in a few months and they'll replace a few Reflektor songs in the set

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah, now rebranded as Manchester Central. They do everything from gigs to the Tory Party conference...

Wasn't it rebranded from Manchester Central? Like it was Manchester Central Railway Station until the 60s when it got Beechinged (bloody Tories). Anyway I've had no cause to go since the glorious peak indie night of Bloc Party + Foals + Cribs in 2007. Apparently they have something there in the summer which markets itself as a "comic convention" which is actually people paying for tickets to go in and be advertised at.

Arcade Fire! (I'm on topic here).

• 9 months later...
6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

In hindsight Reflektor was their weakest album IMO. Title track and a few songs were brilliant but a few too many songs that were interesting ideas but just didn't work. 

Will be interested to see which direction they go in now though. 

If this thread proved anything it was that Reflektor was a pretty polarising effort so I'll pass over that argument but yeah it's safe to say that chapter's done and they'll be moving on, The record, stage show, props, etc. were all pretty experimental by their standards and from the footage of the festival shows this summer it looks like they've mostly left all that behind and gone back to the Arcade Fire of old. I feel as if the music will too but it's hard to say really. Win's starting to resemble Bob Smith so maybe a new wave record. :P

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heh...for all that I talk a good #TapsAff, it's rare that it actually happens in practice.

But Wake Up at the Barras was #TapsAff 

It's on of the biggest moments of true euphoria I've experienced, probably the most unforgettable moment of my life so far I'd say 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's getting to that time again. New songs supposedly debuted last night and perhaps get an airing tonight when you can watch their Voodoo Festival (inappropes!) set tonight on Yahoo! (lol) in the wee hours, or probably wake up to it tomorrow. So ready for these lot coming back properly.

I hope they carrying on experimenting with the shows a little though, I thought the whole Reflektor tour was pretty cool (and just epic in parts) mand its good to see bands considering something else than just standing in front of people on stage with some pretty lights. (Even if essentially that is mostly what they done :P)