Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

To be honest, I was just thinking a Pulp cover at Earls Court because of the Steve Mackey thing, it’d be cool at Glasto too but I really can’t see it, plus I sort of hope there aren’t any covers unless it’s featuring Bowie (won’t happen).

Really excited about all the support.

as someone whos never really heard any music from them.....where would you reccomend I start? I see them hyped all over the place but as of yet ive yet to try them out for myself. which albums are they likly to play a good few tracks off at glasto for example?

Funeral is their best album for most people, and their first, plus they play a lot of tracks off of it, so that. I really like Reflektor and they’ll play a lot from it live, but it’s not a great starting point, as a lot of fans of the band seem to dislike it.

Not that I'm complaining but Owen Pallett is hardly comparable to Lorde in terms of size/mass appeal. Bit of a cop out in my eyes.

A cop out in what sense? They don’t need size/mass appeal, isn’t it sold out or pretty much sold out anyway? They probably just got Lorde because they’re friendly with each over and she loves the band/is in London at the time.

You know I've been thinking how good it would be if they did like three covers in the encore, then followed by Wake Up as the set closer? Drop Here Comes the Night Time & It's Never Over (not hugely impressed by them compared to others they could play + they're two long songs). Imagine if they did a cover of Common People with Jarvis Cocker, Let's Dance with David Bowie and something else? Maybe Heart of Glass with Debbie Harry? Obviously never gonna happen but a man can dream... the crowd would be going wild

Replace Heart Of Glass with North American Scum featuring James Murphy and you've got yourself a party!

I'm happy for them to do It's Never Over and HCTNT though, as I like both of those songs.

A cop out in what sense? They dont need size/mass appeal, isnt it sold out or pretty much sold out anyway? They probably just got Lorde because theyre friendly with each over and she loves the band/is in London at the time.

A cop it in the sense that the Saturday night support is 2 very well established artists that would charge £25-35 for their own shows & the Friday night support isn't anywhere close in terms of the size of the acts...

Obviously I booked my ticket for Aracde Fire & anything else is an added bonus, but it would have been nice to have a balanced support. Clearly the budget has been thrown at the Saturday night show support.

Replace Heart Of Glass with North American Scum featuring James Murphy and you've got yourself a party!

I'm happy for them to do It's Never Over and HCTNT though, as I like both of those songs.

That would be class! Or maybe Drunk Girls? Either way anything with James Murphy would be pleasant!

Fair enough, although I don’t see it like that.

If he plays This Is the Dream of Win & Regine I’ll be really happy and stuff.

Edit: As in I don’t see it as a problem that they’re different size acts. I definitely prefer the Friday too, but I’m really looking forward to Lorde as well.

Edited by bocumaroy

A cop it in the sense that the Saturday night support is 2 very well established artists that would charge £25-35 for their own shows & the Friday night support isn't anywhere close in terms of the size of the acts...

Obviously I booked my ticket for Aracde Fire & anything else is an added bonus, but it would have been nice to have a balanced support. Clearly the budget has been thrown at the Saturday night show support.

Not really. I think Saturday's supports are friends of the band and are probably doing somewhat of a favour rather than raiding their budget. The budget wouldn't normally cover them, the gigs are only £45 maximum. I'd think if there's anywhere that people would be pleased to see Owen Pallett support it would be at an Arcade Fire gig.

I've seen Steve and Jarvis DJing at a few things previously, and while it was nice it didn't really get me dancing. I'd rather 2 Many DJs.

I was listening to that Primavera set earlier and it really got me excited for Friday, then I checked the info and saw the video was missing a bunch of songs, so it's going to be even better!

I think its a bit crap ..at least if it had been announced the same time you could have took your pick and knew what they was upto.

I mean I will still go and have a great time, it just feels a bit crap atm. (Ok mainly its the 2 Many DJs DJ set rather than Lorde over Owen Pallett but I think i'd have still rather seen Lorde.)

Btw Saturday's not sold out yet I don't think as Live Nation posted a link to it this morning. (Which leads me to suspect maybe Saturday did get a bigger budget last minute for the support slots, to sell out those last few tickets, especially with the Hyde Park show announced now.)

Edited by LondonTom

You mean at one of the Reflektors shows? AFtube says it’s a tour debut, but I do think it was played once last year, actually. Either way, it’s been pretty much out of the picture for years. Be made up if they play it at Earls Court.

Also delighted that they’ve got that extra 15 minutes for Glastonbury. Was a bit worried that they’d have to drop some of the older favourites. We Exist and Joan of Arc are fine by me with everything else we’ll get.

You mean at one of the Reflektors shows? AFtube says it’s a tour debut, but I do think it was played once last year, actually. Either way, it’s been pretty much out of the picture for years. Be made up if they play it at Earls Court.

Also delighted that they’ve got that extra 15 minutes for Glastonbury. Was a bit worried that they’d have to drop some of the older favourites. We Exist and Joan of Arc are fine by me with everything else we’ll get.

Pretty sure they played it in Canada or America last year at one of the small shows.

That is a fair old setlist right there.

Normal Person

Flashbulb

Power Out

Rebellion

Joan of Arc

Suburbs

Ready to Start

Tunnels

Crown of Love

We Exist

Laika

No Cars Go

Haiti

Afterlife

It's Never Over

Sprawl ii

Reflektor

Keep The Car Running

Headlights

Here Comes the Night Time

Wake Up

Stick at that. Although time restrictions probably mean you'd have to cut two or three.