Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Nope. Saw that Lorde was playing in London on the 5th and assumed it would be her, but she’s busy on the 6th.

My guess would be Pixies. Don’t seem the most appropriate band for the arena shows they’ve been doing when compared to the likes of Tune-Yards etc, but the Marley Park gig hasn’t sold out yet, which would explain why they’ve delayed announcing anything. Hope Kid Koala is there too, or a similar alternative.

EDIT: Maybe not. Seems they’re busy at Primavera Porto on the Saturday. Just as I was getting excited.

Edited by bocumaroy

Saw them there last time. They were great but it’s not a good venue, sound is terrible if you’re not right near the front. Also can’t think of many acts I’d like to see less than Jake Bugg.

Last time it was Mumford & Sons, and I know Win doesn’t like them. Are the support acts chosen by the promoters for Hyde Park gigs?

Edited by bocumaroy

Yeah, I think they'll be back later in the year, I can see some shows being announced after that Hyde Park gig.

I'll planning to get a ticket for one show, and volunteer for AF Hearts Haiti for one or two others.

Glastonbury is listed as available for volunteering on http://www.plus1.org/afheartshaitivolunteers by the way.

Edited by Simpo

Bought Reflektor today, I thought it was appropriate, given the occasion. The title track is the best thing on there by a long way, love that song, the rest of it is pretty good, sounds like it definitely rewards multiple listens, it definitely doesn't need to be so long. Joan Of Arc and It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) were the two that really stood out to me, apart from the tracks I already knew as singles. From a quick peep at setlist.gm it looks like they've picked a good bunch of tracks to play live, but I'm not 100% convinced about Flashbulb Eyes. Still, very excited to see them headline the Pyramid, I think it will definitely be an occasion, they may not always be my favourite band on record, but, going by footage, they definitely look like my type of live band.

Yeah, I think they'll be back later in the year, I can see some shows being announced after that Hyde Park gig.

I'll planning to get a ticket for one show, and volunteer for AF Hearts Haiti for one or two others.

Glastonbury is listed as available for volunteering on http://www.plus1.org/afheartshaitivolunteers by the way.

I should imagine they will announce a full UK/EU tour during that week as they will get the exposure from Glasto. (Arctic Monkeys did the same last year). Probably be around October/November time which will give them a month or so off after their US tour. They seem to be going very selective with their touring at the minute so reckon we will only get a handful of dates.