Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

No crowd will EVER be deader than the one when arcade fire played hyde park. It was the perfect storm of shitness: in London, crap sound, and a crowd largely made up of people there to see mumford and sons. Horrific. I'm amazed the band ever came back to england.

Yeah the sound was terrible! And my friends were some of those people just there to see Mumford (and The Vaccines)

No crowd will EVER be deader than the one when arcade fire played hyde park. It was the perfect storm of shitness: in London, crap sound, and a crowd largely made up of people there to see mumford and sons. Horrific. I'm amazed the band ever came back to england.

Not for this thread I know but I can't understand the continued fascintion of Hyde Park as a venue for these supposedly 'iconic' gigs. Every gig there is ruined by shit sound - even if the mug punters don't turn their back on it you'd have thought the bands would have by now.

Agreed! That was the first time I saw them and was hugely disappointed. Roundhouse gig proved to me that it was indeed the curse of Hyde Park and not them.

Not for this thread I know but I can't understand the continued fascintion of Hyde Park as a venue for these supposedly 'iconic' gigs. Every gig there is ruined by shit sound - even if the mug punters don't turn their back on it you'd have thought the bands would have by now.

that was the last gig I went there for (or was blur after that? that was shit too anyway).

Though apparently the rolling stones gigs had good sound, according to people on here. I think it's just a matter of where you stand. About 2% of the crowd get good sound

that was the last gig I went there for (or was blur after that? that was shit too anyway).

Though apparently the rolling stones gigs had good sound, according to people on here. I think it's just a matter of where you stand. About 2% of the crowd get good sound

I think the Blur gig was after that? July 2012?

I was lucky enough to land myself a couple of VIP tickets for that gig so got decent sound but could hear the crowd chanting behind to turn it up so I must've been in the 2% that day! I'd have been seriously pissed off if I'd shelled out my hard earned to be there tbh....

Depends which Blur gig! I'm guessing you mean the 2012 'Olympics' one, rather than the 2009 reunion one.

I can also vouch for Hyde Park's shitness. (Don't shoot me down, but...) I went to see the infamous Springsteen gig where he brought on McCartney at the end, only for the sound to be cut off - bastards. Told myself I'd never go to a gig in Hyde Park again.

I think the Blur gig was after that? July 2012?

I was lucky enough to land myself a couple of VIP tickets for that gig so got decent sound but could hear the crowd chanting behind to turn it up so I must've been in the 2% that day! I'd have been seriously pissed off if I'd shelled out my hard earned to be there tbh....

I was at the Blur gig front and centre and the sound was fantastic. Then with a few songs left went to get a drink and was surprised that about 10 metres to the left of the stage meant you could barely hear a thing!

I was at the Blur gig front and centre and the sound was fantastic. Then with a few songs left went to get a drink and was surprised that about 10 metres to the left of the stage meant you could barely hear a thing!

Yeah same for the Springsteen gig the same year, though we couldnt get far enough forward to enjoy it. We got very far forward i thought, but couldnt hear a thing apart from my own singing along. Stood really far back and didnt enjoy it because the crowd were rubbish. You shouldnt have to wait all day to go to the front in a gig that size just to get a decent sound quality

Just seen last nights setlist and it's pretty clear they have a basic setlist with some rotation going on. Rococo sounds great on the live recording from a few days ago but I can't believe they would leave out no cars go. Doubt they'll do intervention at glasto but I'm glad they are still using it.

I want to like them, went to see them live as reflektor and even went in fancy dress as they wanted but still not massively impressed. Be a boring place if we all liked the same stuff, the variety at Glasto will see me right no doubt.

Are you joking? The Reflektors show I went to in the Roundhouse was perfect from start to finish. I don't think I've ever been taught a dance before a show before, so that was pretty cool. It was awesome how they were walking around before hand too

Edited by WessexBoy

Are you joking? The Reflektors show I went to in the Roundhouse was perfect from start to finish. I don't think I've ever been taught a dance before a show before, so that was pretty cool. It was awesome how they were walking around before hand too

I was at the Blackpool show, I apologise for not sharing the same view as you on this subject. In all honesty I thought it was all a tad cheesy, sorry.

I was at the Blackpool show, I apologise for not sharing the same view as you on this subject. In all honesty I thought it was all a tad cheesy, sorry.

I went to blackpool and I can't see the cheesy thing. Fair enough if you don't like the music but I thought the dress code made it 300% better

I want to like them, went to see them live as reflektor and even went in fancy dress as they wanted but still not massively impressed. Be a boring place if we all liked the same stuff, the variety at Glasto will see me right no doubt.

Well you'll be glad to know theres more than one stage at Glastonbury to no one is forcing you to watch them or even like them.

• Downvote 1