Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Its funny to think that they started to headline when theyre (from what it seems) lesser liked albums came out, although theres too many different opinions to really back that point up.

Anyway, mine would be funeral > neon bible = suburbs > reflektor

well it would've been a bit of a stretch to have them headlining festivals off the back of Funeral. and their other albums aren't bad by any stretch - better than most others - they just set the bar incredibly high with Funeral

Neon Bible was the album the got me into them so I have a soft spot for it, but a lot of it sounds pretty flat now. The Suburbs is my least favourite - I just find it has a lot of average songs on punctured occasionally with an amazing one, hence it's a very frustrating listen for me, and I don't think I've felt compelled to listen all the way through for a couple of years now

I got into them on the suburbs, then after becoming very familiar with it listened to Funeral, took me a few listenes to properly get into it but it may be my favourite album of all time now. Still amazes me on every listen.

Neon bible is my least favourite album but I still class it as a fantastic album, just nowhere near funeral for me

Yeah the first disc of Reflektor bogs the album down to such an extent that I only bother with the 2nd disc.

i have to say, i listen much more to the first disc than the second disc; normal person, reflektor and here comes the night time sound to me like some of the best songs they've ever done.

The recent set from the Capitol Building to celebrate the launch of the new album has been posted on Youtube. How good does Power Out sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddoyDzcBqd4

Listened to that last night!

Bloody hell We Exist sounds great live!!! Infact all the Reflektor songs they done sounded great. Hati into Here Comes The Night Time is just utterly brilliant! I can't wait until June :D

sorry for showing my ignorance but im going to put my hands up and admit ive not really heard any of arcade fire's songs. im always open to listening to new bands so could someone tell me a couple of their best songs so i can give them a listen to please? hope i can get into them as a lot of people seem to have very good things to say about them

sorry for showing my ignorance but im going to put my hands up and admit ive not really heard any of arcade fire's songs. im always open to listening to new bands so could someone tell me a couple of their best songs so i can give them a listen to please? hope i can get into them as a lot of people seem to have very good things to say about them

Just give their debut, Funeral, a listen.

Read through this thread, and you'll not only have a good idea of what albums they've done that's decent, you'll have also lost the will to live.

To paraphrase- funeral.

Then other stuff they've done

I this doesn't grab you then you have no chance (this will be the finale and it's their most famous song/anthem).

Hope they don't start with reflektor, tends to be a quietish song, looked incredible when they burst on with ready to start at reading

I assumed it would be their opening song before blackpool but then they started with normal person and reflektor was the encore along with Haiti. I thought normal person was a brilliant opener

thanks guys, soon as i'm in the comfort of my own home tonight i will give all of these songs a good couple listens to each and see what i make, hope its a band i can get into and then join you all in the excitement of arcade fire headlining :)

Best thing to watch IMO is the Coachella headline set:

http://youtu.be/1tT9cPUOB_c

Their Glasto set should be like that plus a fair new songs from this show at Capitol Studios in LA (Incase you didn't see it a couple of pages back):

They may just have eclipsed that today. Will and Owen's score for Her (which I just watched - stunning film) is up for an Oscar. Good on them.

Owen as in Owen Pallett?

I love Owen Pallett... I might get lynched here for saying such a thing but I think his stuff is more interesting den da fire and it's a shame they lost him so early on (though I'm not sure if he was ever a permanent member)

Owen as in Owen Pallett?

I love Owen Pallett... I might get lynched here for saying such a thing but I think his stuff is more interesting den da fire and it's a shame they lost him so early on (though I'm not sure if he was ever a permanent member)

I think people saying what others should like is silly. :)

Owen Pallett has written a lot of the strings on all the albums, and is back as a full-time touring member of Arcade Fire. Hooray!