Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

thats amazing, I can imagine Haiti being a great closer.

I think they have to close with Wake up at glasto it would be absolutely epic - saying that i think coachella in 2011 they closed the main set with wake up and encored with ready to start and

sprawl II! -

I think that says a lot about the songs the band have any number of there songs would work as closers!!

Yeh really is a great quality, seen the video of barrowlands where they say something like 'we thought we'd save this one for a special occasion' then play wake up as the last song. So I'd bet they would do it for glasto cause the 2007 video of it is immense

Yeh really is a great quality, seen the video of barrowlands where they say something like 'we thought we'd save this one for a special occasion' then play wake up as the last song. So I'd bet they would do it for glasto cause the 2007 video of it is immense

I can't imagine a Glastonbury headline set without Wake Up to be honest.

I think the bigger issue is whether they'd play other stuff from Funeral. I'd be disappointed in a sense if they didn't play the whole album (dismissing Neighborhood #4 and Une Annee, not too bothered about those two).

What do people think about the possibility of Bowie popping up as a special guest? In all seriousness I mean. I think it's the kind of thing he might do and seems way more likely than a headline slot for himself. Could come on and do Reflektor and then maybe they could do one of his songs... I think it could happen. Would add a touch of 'wow' factor to the booking for those who are underwhelmed, although would it steal their thunder a bit?

Or am I just dreaming?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

What do people think about the possibility of Bowie popping up as a special guest? In all seriousness I mean. I think it's the kind of thing he might do and seems way more likely than a headline slot for himself. Could come on and do Reflektor and then maybe they could do one of his songs... I think it could happen. Would add a touch of 'wow' factor to the booking for those who are underwhelmed, although would it steal their thunder a bit?

Or am I just dreaming?

Sorry to be a pessimist as I myself would LOVE this, but I fear you have less chance of that happening than finding rocking horse shit I am afraid!

I just need tix now........ :(

Arcade fire are going to considerable lengths (marketing and appearing on every tv and radio show going) to make themselves a huge act. They've said they know how much of a rights of passage glasto is in the uk and they'll know how huge a bowie appearance would be. I think they'll ask him but as to whether he'll accept or not - who knows?

I think they'll pull one of the smallest headline crowds in a while. They're just not that well know to the average man. Their reading crowd wasn't big and spacey near the front. Perfect actually.

Think they are quite comparable in size to Kings of Leon when they headlined, and they pulled a sizable crowd. Depends who they are up against (I suspect Manic Street Preachers), but think they will do just fine

Sorry to be a pessimist as I myself would LOVE this, but I fear you have less chance of that happening than finding rocking horse shit I am afraid!

I just need tix now........ :(

Rocking horse shit - love it! Never heard that phrase :D

I don't know, Bowie is full of surprises. I could really see it. Would all depend on his voice I suppose.

We'll get tickets! Keep the faith dude.

I'm not sure I'd want a bowie guest appearance. Yeah it would be awesome but it would overshadow arcade fire themselves headlining. I'm not sure if the band would be too bothered about that but I would be because they deserve this headline slot and to take the plaudits on what I'm sure will be an epic show.

Open on reflector to put the rumour to bed straight away and prove they can own that pyramid stage themselves.

• Upvote 1

I think they'll pull one of the smallest headline crowds in a while. They're just not that well know to the average man. Their reading crowd wasn't big and spacey near the front. Perfect actually.

they will get a big crowd - They have become a huge huge band. and i think a lot of people will go to see what the fuss is all about if they havent listened to them properly before.

that being said, it would be nice having some space at the front!!

I can't see it being that small, because they're headlining the Pyramid. We had this conversation about Mumford and Sons, and concluded that Pyramid headliner = big crowd.

I'd rather it was a smaller crowd who knew more of the songs and had a good time to be honest. I can see a lot of people going there 'out of curiosity' which could harm the atmosphere a little.

Will be down the front anyway I imagine!

I'm not sure I'd want a bowie guest appearance. Yeah it would be awesome but it would overshadow arcade fire themselves headlining. I'm not sure if the band would be too bothered about that but I would be because they deserve this headline slot and to take the plaudits on what I'm sure will be an epic show.

Open on reflector to put the rumour to bed straight away and prove they can own that pyramid stage themselves.

I agree. Doing his songs would be w*nky as hell too.

Fair enough, I only threw in the Bowie song bit cos I know they've done Life On Mars? together in the past. And maybe more. I'm not so sure it would be w*nky though. Bands do covers all the time.

Anyway, sure it won't happen but my god it would be tremendous in my eyes. Love Arcade Fire to pieces but Bowie is Bowie and some of us weren't there in 2000.

I don't think an encore of Reflektor, which fades into Five Years before closing the set with Wake Up could be considered w*nky at all.

Of course I don't think it will happen. As someone said on the last page, I think Arcade Fire will want to prove they can headline on their own merit.

Whatever happens, it will be better than the tragic ending of Mumford's set.

I don't think an encore of Reflektor, which fades into Five Years before closing the set with Wake Up could be considered w*nky at all.

Of course I don't think it will happen. As someone said on the last page, I think Arcade Fire will want to prove they can headline on their own merit.

Whatever happens, it will be better than the tragic ending of Mumford's set.

This is actually exactly what I've been dreaming of. Life on Mars would overshadow wake up as a closer, but with five years not being quite as universally known, it could work (and they've played it with him before). But I'm can't see it happening Edited by rjb94