Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

They could probably sell out a night at Emirates/Wembley or something, but no I don't think they'd pull off a full on tour

Fair enough - they're getting pretty big now. Good on them, I didn't realise they had two US & UK number one and a number two album already! I listened to Arcade Fire after the release of Neon Bible. Tried to get into the first two albums but failed, as they kind of bored me tbh. I'll give them another few listens, get the two latest albums, and see if my opinion changes.

I can see they're very popular on here, so maybe I'm missing something. But I'm pretty much hoping that there is something that appeals to me more on the other stages come June 27th

I just mentally named five Nickelback songs so I hope you're wrong here. :P

You're right, that is mental. I can name two and want to hurt myself as a result!

Just heard Win on the radio predicting Californian sunshine for the Friday of Glastonbury. Hope he's right! Scorchio and Arcade Fire = banging start to the fest :D

You're right, that is mental. I can name two and want to hurt myself as a result!

Just heard Win on the radio predicting Californian sunshine for the Friday of Glastonbury. Hope he's right! Scorchio and Arcade Fire = banging start to the fest :D

someone needs to tell win to zip it. saying stuff like that is just tempting fate.

someone needs to tell win to zip it. saying stuff like that is just tempting fate.

Nope we need more of that sort of thinking. Strong, positive words! Win will be the patron of NFC NFR with comments like that! His getting it already!

Really there wasn't that much backlash on facebook, a few people who clearly don't like Music asking who?! and others complaining but I am pretty sure I saw complains on the Glastonbury facebook page about the Rolling Stones headlining :lol:

Listened to Reflektor, The Suburbs and Neon Bible last night :D In my excitement.

For those asking where to start, I'd go with The Surburbs it's a bit more standard alt. band than the others but still has some epic songs or...their 2011 Coachella headline set is on youtube in 1080p (Watching that is when I fell in love with them, so it's always my recommendation :D)

http://youtu.be/1tT9cPUOB_c

Sounds like everyone here likes Arcade Fire. Not one person I've spoken to has even heard of them lol.

Really there wasn't that much backlash on facebook, a few people who clearly don't like Music asking who?! and others complaining but I am pretty sure I saw complains on the Glastonbury facebook page about the Rolling Stones headlining :lol:

Listened to Reflektor, The Suburbs and Neon Bible last night :D In my excitement.

For those asking where to start, I'd go with The Surburbs it's a bit more standard alt. band than the others but still has some epic songs or...their 2011 Coachella headline set is on youtube in 1080p (Watching that is when I fell in love with them, so it's always my recommendation :D)

http://youtu.be/1tT9cPUOB_c

Me too! I went to Leeds in 2010 and walked away before their show - I was absolutely knackered though. I listened to Funeral a few times and liked that but watching that Coachella show just on YouTube was magical and what converted me into a proper fan, even better than the Reading footage which is often posted to display how good they are.

i'm not having him for NFR NFC president until he tells us how he's gonna make sure it doesn't r***. i want sacrifices.

There is something a little magical about him and his family though. Wasn't there a news story reporting that his six-month-old son asked 'What are wellies?' Witchcraft afoot!

Funeral still very much my favourite album. Being able to see them play that in 2007 was a wonderful experience, even in the mud. Saying that, I don't think I have given their later albums enough of my time in the last few years, so I will be dedicating fair few hours to them over the next 6 months or so as my New Years resolution

Tunnels still give me goose bumps today, an immense song

The sing-a-long to Wake Up will be something to experience next year

Funeral still very much my favourite album. Being able to see them play that in 2007 was a wonderful experience, even in the mud. Saying that, I don't think I have given their later albums enough of my time in the last few years, so I will be dedicating fair few hours to them over the next 6 months or so as my New Years resolution

Tunnels still give me goose bumps today, an immense song

The sing-a-long to Wake Up will be something to experience next year

Favorite album ever or just of theirs? Cause it's my favorite album ever. Really scared they will drop laika or something in favour of the newer stuff

Favorite album ever or just of theirs? Cause it's my favorite album ever. Really scared they will drop laika or something in favour of the newer stuff

i think Funeral may be my favourite album ever also. i love it so much. and i hope they don't drop Laika, but yeah, out of all the Funeral songs that they play it's the one i can see getting dropped (if they drop any)

and oh yeah, even though them headlining was pretty much common knowledge, YESSSSSSSSS!!!

i think Funeral may be my favourite album ever also. i love it so much. and i hope they don't drop Laika, but yeah, out of all the Funeral

songs that they play it's the one i can see getting dropped (if they drop

and oh yeah, even though them headlining was pretty much common knowledge, YESSSSSSSSS!!!

I'll be very sad if they do, I love seeing Richard and will fooling around to that song