Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Well, that was outstanding and totally worth the 26 mile round trip diversion to Lancaster trying to get back on the M6 South from Blackpool. I was cynical about the dress code to begin with but it really added to the atmosphere and kind of makes me wish that every gig had a theme because I felt it lightened people up. There were dinner suits, super heroes, Mario and Luigi, pirates, normal suits, feather boas and masquerade ball masks everywhere and the locals didn't have a clue what was going on. Was having dinner in Pizza Hut down the street of the Ballroom before the show and the band waltzed past up to the venue with a huge entourage in their paper mache heads whilst we were being served which turned everyone's heads as well. Am glad I did it sober cos I'll remember everything for a long while.

Musically it was faultless. I liked Reflektor from the off but anyone who doubts it needs to see the songs live before they completely write if off. Afterlife, We Exist, Joan of Arc and It's Never Over were particular highlights and the way they ripped into Normal Person after teasing us by opening with the start of Rebellion just showed that we didn't actually need all of the the old favourites to make it special. Of course Power Out and the double barrel of Sprawl II into Wake Up were brilliant and took the experience to a completely different level but it was excellent even before that happened. I can't wait to see them again - hopefully I've already got my ticket...

• Upvote 1

cool story bro

ended up having kfc. its rubbish.

if id have called pizza express in advance maybe id have got a table

it was good to get pint glasses of red wine too, even if i did spill loads on my white slacks

of the new material i like all but we exist

i liked hearing my body is a cage

overall a pretty special gig

Glad you all enjoyed it! Can't wait for FloorFiller's review... Is he still asleep?

I agree the new album comes into its own live too.

Looking forward to June now!

just got back from Blackpool now. i ended up getting so drunk that i don't remember a single bit of the gig. all i remember is saying to my friend 'wonder if they're gonna play Wake Up' and him telling me 'they've just played Wake Up'. fuck. amazing night though (what i remember). gave Win a hug when him and the band walked through with their giant heads. loved the whole 'formal attire' thing. felt so smart. might start doing it at all the gigs i go to. but yeah... really wish i remember more of it. was downing pints before they came on so that i could stay steadily drunk throughout the gig. didn't pan out quite the way i planned

ah i thought so! gotta say, though i barley remember any of it, i definitely remember thinking the new songs were amazing live. new album's gone up in my books! very much hope they play Glastonbury now. if they do i'll have to try my best to be in a better state so that i remember it

the whole choreographed dance thing didn't work out so well if i remember correctly. i was too drunk to remember any of the dance from the get go but when they played We Exist i didn't see a single person doing it

Yeh I remember thinking that no one was really doing anything that seemed choreographed to that song, I got in a bit later so I missed the instructions. Was still one of my highlights of the night though, along with power out, wake up, afterlife and here comes the night time. Being honest though all of it was top class

Brilliant brilliant gig. Loved the entire thing (the division of 26 miles to get home might have been annoying) but brilliant set list. Bouncing dance floor and brilliant venue.

As for the dance, I was handed a glowstick and told to do a dance. I was pretty confused because we arrived around 8ish. Either way, Arcade Fire on top form and 100% worth the trip to Blackpool.

Hope they play Glasto. They would be perfect!

Also was at Blackpool last night and they were stunning.

Great to see 90% of people had made an effort with the dress code thing! certainly made it feel a bit more of an event rather than a straight forward gig. To the lads with the home made mirrored Reflektor face masks, good effort!

The glo sticks throwing looked incredible even if chucking them at the band was probably a tad too far!

They'll smash Glastonbury and Friday night has them written all over it to get the party started.

Last night was definitely the best Arcade Fire gig I've been to, the atmosphere was incredible. Right up there with my favourite gigs ever. Just wish more gigs were like that, felt like a massive party and if they don't play Glastonbury next year it will be a massive mistake.

Edited by kaytee...
  • Upvote 1

Incredible gig, never experienced anything like that before. The new album is simply made to be played live it sounds perfect. The dressing up thing added to the experience and the venue was superb.

Oh and 'Wake up' was pretty much a euphoric moment.

They would smash the headline spot at Glasto, i'm certainly hoping they play.