Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Whiley's words at the end:

"So no actual [her emphasis] confirmation. However, the wellies have been bought for a certain UK festival. We know the one that has a reputation for quite a lot of rain and welly wearing. I shall just leave it at that, leave it to your imaginations."

Her version of a TBC, surely.

Also Win said some stuff in relation to festivals about the band being wimps, only booking places they really wanted to play, and special places, which all came across as a bit of an apology for the moaning in '08/sucking up.

But (all) UK fests are associated with mud & bad weather more than anything else.

I'm pretty sure the point was specifically about UK festivals?

It's Jo Wiley's 'one (UK) festival in particular' known for mud etc. which shouts Glastonbury to me. Classic stereotype, see Mick Jagger's comments earlier this year about it always raining on the Sunday for example!

I dunno, maybe I'm way off but whenever you tell a non-believer about going to Glastonbury they will straight away bring up the mud and rain.

EDIT: The poster above me has it spot on!

Edited by GlastoSimon

I didn't know Glastonbury was the only UK festival to suffer from mud and bad weather

I think, don't quote mean it now, but after the last time they played Glastonbury Win complained about the mud - so I guess that's another small hint towards the festival. Tbf though, Glastonbury is famously known for the mud. I know every festival here gets it (I've experienced it many a time) but its Glastonbury people associate with the mud.

But (all) UK fests are associated with mud & bad weather more than anything else.

I'm pretty sure the point was specifically about UK festivals?

I might be being hasty in dismissing it but I don't think he means HRC/London festivals, and we're told they're not around past June. So if it's between IOW and Glastonbury; the mud thing and the Hultsfred link have put the odds firmly in Glastonbury's favour. Not a done deal yet so I guess we just have to wait until IOW has announced (next week I believe?) or Hultsfred announcement (fuck knows) to find out, whichever's first.

Jo was obviously referring to Glastonbury, and seemed to hint she knows more than she can let on... but she could always be getting carried away like the rest of us. Win's comments were more general, but he really seemed to be emphasising the mud- like he was trying to give us a big hint based on his 07 appearance.

Anyway, more excited now, especially as Arcadefiretube's earlier T in the Park tweet showed they don't know any more than the rest of us when it comes to a potential Glastonbury appearance after all.

Is ###### really a banned word on here? How wonderfully petty. :D

If it's a certain watching of the festival we love site, its to do with a spamming incident apparently.

Yeah it could mean any UK festival, but most festivals are more famous for other things....Reading: 16/17year old's let off the leash for the first time and unable to hold their beer for instance.

With Jo Wiley saying what she did at the end I'll take it regardless as I want it to be true :D

Edited by LondonTom

I might be being hasty in dismissing it but I don't think he means HRC/London festivals, and we're told they're not around past June. So if it's between IOW and Glastonbury; the mud thing and the Hultsfred link have put the odds firmly in Glastonbury's favour. Not a done deal yet so I guess we just have to wait until IOW has announced (next week I believe?) or Hultsfred announcement (fuck knows) to find out, whichever's first.

If they play Hultsfred it makes them even more likely for IOW in my book

I have to say it does sounds like Glasto to me. Given Jo Wiley's love of ferocious Glastobating she's hardly going to bother leading him into suggestions (and making them herself) about IOW. Despite having no more rain than any other festival Glasto is the the most renowned festival for mud and a lot of other things simply because it's the most renowned festival, and remember this was on radio 2 so she's dealing with a particular audience who will be tailored towards those sentiments.

Sweden, Denmark and IOW in three days? Put your book in the bin!

Damn, didn't realise they were the same weekend...

I have to say it does sounds like Glasto to me. Given Jo Wiley's love of ferocious Glastobating she's hardly going to bother leading him into suggestions (and making them herself) about IOW. Despite having no more rain than any other festival Glasto is the the most renowned festival for mud and a lot of other things simply because it's the most renowned festival, and remember this was on radio 2 so she's dealing with a particular audience who will be tailored towards those sentiments.

Good points.

I still dispute this glasto is the only festival known for mud nonsense though. Plenty of festivals have had high profile problems recently & its always one of the first things on people's mind whenever they think about going to any festival.

Yeah excellent points. I've finally listened to the interview clip, and now there's no doubt in my mind she's on about Glastonbury when she revisits the point at the end.

I still dispute this glasto is the only festival known for mud nonsense though. Plenty of festivals have had high profile problems recently & its always one of the first things on people's mind whenever they think about going to any festival.

Just accept it :P It's done, Glastonbury have Arcade Fire. I won't hear another word that suggests otherwise!

I've already had the Daft Punk dream killed this year!

Edited by LondonTom
  • Upvote 1

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/73935

Whatever your opinions on Chris Martin and his band, who better to dispel their opinions of the festival from last time?

I didn't realise he was close with arcade fire so it works both ways - he can recommend the festival to them after their bad experience (like he did to

Springsteen when he hadn't heard of it) and also has the ear of the organisers so if he's a fan he'll have made it known to Emily.

I don't want to get my hopes up but it is looking increasingly promising....