Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I am really looking forward to seeing them in the roundhouse, I have my homemade broken CD decorated jacket at the ready! I saw them at Brixton on the Neon Bible tour which was immense but haven't seen them since

Amazing! You made a real effort then :)

Perfect venue for them in my opinion. Really wish I'd seen them at Brixton but wasn't a fan then. I come to everything late godammit!

Amazing! You made a real effort then :)

Perfect venue for them in my opinion. Really wish I'd seen them at Brixton but wasn't a fan then. I come to everything late godammit!

Yeah my friend has a dress decorated similarly so should be pretty cool. What was the split of people dressing up last night?

i saw them in '07 at a rain-soaked roskilde when they pretty much opened the festival and it was pretty special. the setlist was pretty awsome:

Car Running / Black Mirror / No Cars Go / Haïti / Intervention / Neon Bible / Body Is a Cage / Windowsill / Well and Lighthouse / Tunnels / Power Out / Rebellion / Antichrist / Wake Up

saw them again on the suburbs tour in copenhagen, not as good...

tonight should be brilliant though!

Best gig of my life (well along with Radiohead) was them at the Sheffield Leadmill in 2005. They opened with Wake Up that night, the initial riff was played in darkness and then the stage lights came on blindingly as that familiar refrain kicked in...one of my favorite gig moments ever!

That's one of my favourite gigs too.

They're playing a festival in Germany the weekend before Glastonbury, so they're definitely around.

I wish I'd got tickets for Blackpool with my pre-sale code after reading the reviews but I'm sure the main tour will be worth the wait.

Edited by Chris E

Yeah my friend has a dress decorated similarly so should be pretty cool. What was the split of people dressing up last night?

Sounds great! I'd say more people were formal than fancy dress but fancy dress was definitely well represented. And quite a few were casual so it's not at all enforced.

it was Uncontrollable Urge by Devo

think they've played it at most of these Reflektors shows. haven't heard their cover of it so can't comment! guess they're sticking a cover in there as they wouldn't usually get to play covers on their full tours (well, they can do what they want, but god i hate when bands with huge / awesome back catalogues do covers. fuck off and play your own songs)

just noticed on setlist.fm that Crown Of Love was dedicated to somebody (Alexander Joseph Gordon?) who died and that his daughter had requested for it to played, so whilst it's sweet that they played it for them, doesn't look like i / we'll be getting it / an alternative Funeral song at any of the other shows :( boo

It's all too much of a coincidence for them not to play it if you ask me.

They're doing a European festival tour in May/June, in Europe the week before Glasto, likely to do a UK arena tour in the autumn/winter of 2014.

It certainly fits their schedule, although everyone thought that about The National this year. If they don't play next year despite doing dates around the same time I can't see them coming back just for it the year after.

It certainly fits their schedule, although everyone thought that about The National this year. If they don't play next year despite doing dates around the same time I can't see them coming back just for it the year after.

..and what happened there they played Latitude instead - which is where I'm thinking they may play instead.

are Arcade Fire not too big for Latitude now? (well, based on Latitudes past headliners, who were all Glastonbury subs at best, unless Latitude is upping it's game)

I think they are, and don't say it with any weight. But perhaps they feel Melvin did them a favour giving them their first UK festival headline slot? Surely Festival Republic would be the most likely people they would deal with.