Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I am starting to regret not getting tickets now :P

The album really grows on me every time I listen to it (and I did it like it alot o begin with anyway!)

I'm finding this too. I'd only heard it once when I bought tickets but took a bit of a pricey gamble. I think all their albums have been growers, even Funeral, for me.

Weirdly I was not a fan of Funeral at all when it first came out, except for Power Out. It took seeing them on the Neon Bible tour to realise just how good they were.

back when i was a moody little emo i used to go to extreme lengths to dismiss anything that could be considered 'indie', but i fucking LOVED Power Out. the video was always on MTV2 and i thought it was so rocking. stupidly didn't give Funeral a listen until years later (although a younger me, i suspect, would've hated it, so maybe it's just as well)

so glad they're playing Power Out at these shows. i always watch their performance of it at Reading and it's so good

Edited by FloorFiller

The album is really growing on me now. I think it's bloody brilliant. And I still love Flashbulb Eyes! :P

Reckon Monday is going to be an awesome party and I am ready for a boogie :D So chuffed I got tickets.

Also I've only just realised that there's a clip of Jonathan Ross on it! What's all that about then?

Last time they were on J Ross , Win stormed off at the end of the song and smashed a camera.

Ooooooh. *Raises Handbag.*

Edited by Bluearsedfly

I've listened to Reflektor a few times now and I think it's going to take a bit longer for this one to grow on me. There are a few great songs, but some of them sort of blend into one and just sound a bit too much like background music, I think it'll take a few more listens before the songs actually start to stand out as great, individual songs.

I still can't wait to see them in Glasgow though, it's such an experience seeing them and I think the new songs will really come to life when they're performed live.

Reflektor still hasn't clicked for me, title track aside. I hate it when bands open an album with its best track. :(

Took me 3 listens, 1st time I thought Reflektor only stood out, 2nd time a few more stood out and by the 3rd I loved it in its entirety.

It's a superb album.

Edited by Ricci's Special Kebabs

back when i was a moody little emo i used to go to extreme lengths to dismiss anything that could be considered 'indie', but i fucking LOVED Power Out. the video was always on MTV2 and i thought it was so rocking. stupidly didn't give Funeral a listen until years later (although a younger me, i suspect, would've hated it, so maybe it's just as well)

so glad they're playing Power Out at these shows. i always watch their performance of it at Reading and it's so good

Power Out into Rebellion (or Powerellion as they like to call it) live is just the best thing. I love it when they do that.

Reckon we'll get Power Out? Didn't someone say it was on the current setlists?

I've had Normal Person in my head all day. Definitely a standout track for me.

Power Out, Sprawl II and Haiti are the 'old' songs they're playing during the Reflektor gigs.

Edited by mrtourette

Yes agree, also like the fact they are brave enough to drop Wake Up out of their sets recently. Bit like Radiohead when they decided to drop Creep

By that reckoning they've also been 'brave' enough to 'drop' Rebellion, Ready To Start, No Cars Go, etc. It'll be back when they tour properly.

i know a lot of people were getting sick of it but i was sad to see that they'd stopped using Wake Up as their final song in some of their 2011 shows and replaced it with Sprawl II. Sprawl II is a fantastic song (glad they're playing it on these dates) but man, you just can't beat Wake Up as a closer

i've barely listened to their first EP but if they're going to include Headlights Look Like Diamonds then i guess i should give it a listen