Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

In my experience, bands like to wait with festival announcements till their current European tours are over (not all dates are sold out, even though the Belgian ones are). AM tour ends halfway November, the QOTSA tour 2-3 days after the Belgian gig. So it might well be that these obvious headliners for the next festival season are holding back some announcements.

But you could also be right about RATM (can't see AC/DC though). Then again, your own reasoning could be used against you: why not announce other headliners if negotiations with one are going harsh?

I'd like to think that QOTSA/AM/Arcade Fire/Pearl Jam (and possibly Metallica) are all holding back festival announcements until a date they've set themselves. In the mean time, Muse and/or RATM could be the ones they're still negotiating.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think there will be any repeats next year?

I doubt theres going to be many options next year like won't we get everyone thats expected. Like AM or Arcade Fire, QOTSA, Pearl Jam or Metallica and probably Linkin Park or are there others in contention?

I think this is a pretty realistic wishlist for the last two bands each day:

Queens of the Stone Age - Rage Against the Machine

Pearl Jam - Daft Punk

Arctic Monkeys - The Prodigy

Arcade Fire - Muse

....and Nine Inch Nails in the Barn the same time as Arctic Monkeys :)

...I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Muse would do 2-3 festivals next summer, hopefully RW is one of them.

Pearl Jam - Daft Punk

Arcade Fire - Muse

...I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Muse would do 2-3 festivals next summer, hopefully RW is one of them.

im there

Pearl Jam - Daft Punk

Arcade Fire - Muse

I figured that too at first, but the lack of any live information 5 months after its release makes me believe they meant their 'we don't have plans for touring this album' comments.

+ The way the Daft Punk rumours are being handled by the people with 'insider' info/rumours in the specific topics seems to suggest they won't be at Coachella/Glasto. And I can't see how they'd skip the widest broadcasted festivals in the world yet accept a somewhat smaller one.

Pearl Jam - Daft Punk

Arcade Fire - Muse