Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something was off for them that night: they skipped songs that were on the setlist (Black and Better Man for god's sake), they got off stage and came back several times (without being announced as an 'encore' on the setlist either) and eventually they ended about 20 minutes too early. Still an impressive show, but that may also have been because that edition was pretty weak in general.

They constantly change their setlist and often only a few minutes before the show. In Amsterdam last year we saw them two nights in a row and of the almost 30 songs they played each night, there were only two songs they took both nights, Corduroy and The Fixer

1st night: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2012/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-netherlands-13df01b9.html

2nd night: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2012/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-netherlands-13df7ddd.html

....then at Rock Werchter, we got a good mix of both shows :)

Asshshhhhh, now I'm so jealous :( .... Both setlists were amazing, I think Amsterdam got best PJ sets on their tour. I got also nice one, but mostly with their hits(which was just ok, because I was with my girlfriend and my father, so they had really good time). I only miss any cherry on the top of the cake like Porch, Garden, Deep, Crown Of Thorns or Mother(2 of them were in Berlin next day :D ).

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2012/o2-world-berlin-germany-53df63fd.html

but ohhhh, The End <3

ok, I'm just making big offtop here :D

It should be taken in account that QOTSA's popularity is massive in Belgium (comparable to Foo Fighters in the UK), so if you include them or Arctic Monkeys (Belgian gig was the fastest selling one of the whole European mainland tour, and Do I Wanna Know is a great succes around here), don't place them as a sub cause ain't going to happen.

Looking at the most recent status on facebook (or rather, the comments) Metallica seems to be the name people want to see most. Granted that they tour, I think it can be 100% safe to call Metallica, QOTSA and Arctic Monkeys as main headliners.

It should be taken in account that QOTSA's popularity is massive in Belgium (comparable to Foo Fighters in the UK), so if you include them or Arctic Monkeys (Belgian gig was the fastest selling one of the whole European mainland tour, and Do I Wanna Know is a great succes around here), don't place them as a sub cause ain't going to happen.

Looking at the most recent status on facebook (or rather, the comments) Metallica seems to be the name people want to see most. Granted that they tour, I think it can be 100% safe to call Metallica, QOTSA and Arctic Monkeys as main headliners.

Well they didn't release anything new between 2007 and 2011, that already explains not moving up on the line up. Fact is that Like Clockwork was a smashing succes in Belgium. To give an example: since last time they played Werchter they went from selling out a 5.000 people venue in 2 weeks to selling out a 20.000 person venue in a weekend (took as long as Editors, and look where they are on the line up). Basically, they've always been a crowd favourite at Rock Werchter, but the thing keeping them away from a headlining spot was a lack of chart succes, and that's where Like Clockwork comes in.

I do not believe that RW moves two "small" bands up to headlining spots on their 40th anniversary.

Pearl Jam, Metallica, Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead....pick four out of these five to headline and i'm there :) If QOTSA and especially Arctic Monkeys headline, I'll give RW the finger for the first time since 2008.

Going to take a punt on next year

QOTSA - The Killers - Metallica

Kanye West - Arctic Monkeys - The Prodigy

Placebo - Lady Gaga - Daft Punk

Blink 182 - NIN - Muse

Trying to take an educated guess on who will be touring next year, I'd have said Mumford but I can see them headlining pukkelpop, reading/leeds etc

Hi there,

Just want to get the low down on the festival as a whole really? Done alot of english festivals and just looking at trying more abroad ones just to see how they are, what the atmospheres like and of course the better lineups!

Went to benicassim this year and didn't really rate it, quite stressful, out of the way and alot of english knobs there to be honest. So first of all how is this for english people and how nice and friendly the crowds are?

What it is like price wise, for food and drink? :) In the festival.

Atmosphere and lineup? Is it a good atmosphere, chilled vibed or it is stressful and is alot of travelling involved from the airport to the site :) Is the lineup always as good as this years? ;) dont want to buy tickets and be let down!

If I were to go would it be bareable heat to camp? and when do the tickets go on sale and suggest booking flights?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

Just want to get the low down on the festival as a whole really? Done alot of english festivals and just looking at trying more abroad ones just to see how they are, what the atmospheres like and of course the better lineups!

Went to benicassim this year and didn't really rate it, quite stressful, out of the way and alot of english knobs there to be honest. So first of all how is this for english people and how nice and friendly the crowds are?

What it is like price wise, for food and drink? :) In the festival.

Atmosphere and lineup? Is it a good atmosphere, chilled vibed or it is stressful and is alot of travelling involved from the airport to the site :) Is the lineup always as good as this years? ;) dont want to buy tickets and be let down!

If I were to go would it be bareable heat to camp? and when do the tickets go on sale and suggest booking flights?

Thanks for your help!

I'll try to answer as much of this as possible, but I only went this year so I don't know how helpful it'll be.

We met quite a few English people there (and lots of Irish), and they were all really nice, just there for the music. The crowd on the whole was very friendly, too, but a lot more subdued during the music than at a British festival.

Food and drink is quite expensive. They use tokens in the arena, so the price of everything is a multiple of 2.50. 2.50 for a drink, 5.00 for a basic burger/hotdog, 7.50 for something more filling. Outside the arena they don't use tokens and you can get, say, a hotdog for 3.00 or something more filling like a tray of chicken drumsticks for 5.00. Drinks are also cheaper outside the arena, and there's a pub pretty much on the festival site where we went on the first night where you can obviously get cold beer for cheaper prices.

Not sure about travelling from the airport. You get free trains from a train station in Belgium to the festival site, but I think I remember reading you can't get them from the airport. We got the Eurostar and it was no hassle at all.

As I said, I've only been this year, but the lineup always looks brilliant to me.

Camping's fine. I woke up very hot each morning, but then I'm a pale kid who can't stand heat.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers for the info mate!

I just put all those 3 as I saw people like a day to remember and all time low on the lineup all who are similar!

I didn't realise dizzee was there this year thats why I had him down. As for Coldplay I heard they had a song coming out in September/October so may be in with a chance...

Why not dEUS?

and who do you think will play...?

Edited by Dietediet