campervan ticket?

Guest hobo95

Im thinking of coming along to this one after missing out on Glastonbury. I fancied something small and relaxed but the mrs has asked me a few questions before I buy.

How far is it to walk from the campsite to the arena, can we take our own booze into the campsite, what are the toilets like, is there dog mess everywhere (never been to a festival where dogs are allowed) and finally (my question) does the bar sell real ales?

Regrettably we couldnt make Glastonbury despite having tickets but decided we want to do two smaller/cheaper festivals instead. I liked the look of Boomtown but I have heard its a bit too young and druggy for people of my age. Alchemy looks quite relaxed and at a great time of the year. Im looking for another small one in August if anyone has any suggestions? From £50-£90.

Im thinking of coming along to this one after missing out on Glastonbury. I fancied something small and relaxed but the mrs has asked me a few questions before I buy.

How far is it to walk from the campsite to the arena, can we take our own booze into the campsite, what are the toilets like, is there dog mess everywhere (never been to a festival where dogs are allowed) and finally (my question) does the bar sell real ales?

Regrettably we couldnt make Glastonbury despite having tickets but decided we want to do two smaller/cheaper festivals instead. I liked the look of Boomtown but I have heard its a bit too young and druggy for people of my age. Alchemy looks quite relaxed and at a great time of the year. Im looking for another small one in August if anyone has any suggestions? From £50-£90.

Hi, the parking is in the field next to the carpark so minimal walking distance. You can take your beer into the campsite and the arena, well theres not really an arena the campsite just flows into it. never noticed any dog mess or that many dogs when i think about it. i`ve done this fest a few times now and its one of the best small fests there is.

One fest i would recomend for August is this one http://www.farmerphilsfestival.com/ . real old school fest camp next to your car etc. Have a look at the website and you`ll see what i mean.

It looks like we will be going.

Thanks for Farmer Phils suggestion but another one with dogs.... I have seen Watchet advertised on here and might give that a try, the significant other loves the Hoosiers (she hates me calling her that). Thanks for taking the time to reply and might bump into you in September.

In case you haven't quite made your mind up yet, I'd agree with what others have said about Alchemy. It's great.

For a different but equally relaxed, old-skool kind of affair, I'd recommend the Green Gathering (it's like the Green Fields of Glastonbury). Lots of crafts, campaign groups and interesting speakers on subjects from herbal medicine to police spies, as well as folk/funk/ska bands and a small dance tent. It's coming up soon - August 1-4 (a full four-day festival), near Chepstow (end of the M4, just into Wales). The full ticket price this late in the day is £115 (plus car pass) but if you can get on Twitter and follow @Gathering_Green they sometimes send out 'promo' codes for cheaper tickets. Or, you could just turn up for a day and pay £25 for a day ticket on the gate (£35 if you bring a car). https://www.greengathering.org.uk/#index.php

Yep, Alchemy is excellent - easily the best festival we went to last year! It's just a shame we can't make it this year, due to being abroad :( And, by coincidence, I was shown some photos of the Green Gathering yesterday - looks very interesting - will definitely have to give it a try at some point in the future.