T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i'd put my left bollock on monkeys and/or biffy

two of the headliners usually always has an secc (now hydro i guess) show in the winter before T

therefore i would put it down to arctics, fleetwood mac, bruno mars (aw naw!!) or qotsa

i'd like to say theres a real outside chance of rod stewart headlining

he solves all of ellis' problems

oldies love him, youngster love him becuase they think its cool to like him

problem solved, book rod with a reformed faces hah

Edited by Lor1

Anyone hoping the special 'treat' will be either a certain name for next year, or a full day friday will be dissapointed i think.

It's a treat for loyalty, and these would effect everyone.

I fully expect either tickets at 2012 prices, or 20% of the online merch store.

Cant see Guetta doing the same slot 3 years on the bounce, will be other acts about next year for that type of thing. Anyone know what Ellie said regarding this surprise, other than trying to fleece next year right at the end again?

Headliners:

Biffy Clyro

1 of Arctic Monkeys or KOL (the latter depending on how they regard the Glasgow gig selling)

1 of Jay-Z or Lady Gaga

Other potential acts (new albums, due a return, first time visit, T-type booking etc):

The Black Keys, Franz Ferdinand, Travis back on main (given the reception they got), QOTSA, Bruno Mars, Prodigy, Chemical Bros, Paramore, Example, Avicii, Macklemore and Lewis, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, Vampire Weekend, Babyshambles

Can live with what most are suspecting as the headliners to be honest, safe, but might just be whats needed, its the rest of the lineup they need to work on really.

Daft Punks last 2 albums have been woeful so they'd fit right in with T's demographic of weans who dont know any better.

I reckon all of these acts are in with a shout in 2014 AVICII, Pitbull, deadmau5, Steve Angello, Will I Am, Tiesto, Jessie J. I fear the worst.

Friday

main stage

Biffy Clyro

Bruno Mars

Vampire Weekend

radio 1 stage

Avicii

Franz Ferdinand

king tuts wah wah tent

Professor Green

Saturday

main stage

Daft Punk or Lady Gaga

Queens of the Stone Age

Primal Scream

radio 1 stage

Example

Bombay Bicycle Club

king tuts wah wah tent

Manic Street Preachers

Sunday

main stage

Arctic Monkeys

Justin Timberlake

Paramore

radio 1 stage

Calvin Harris

Fall Out Boy

king tuts wah wah tent

The Vaccines

Also appearing: Chvrches, Electric Guest, Ellie Goulding, Feeder, Fun, The Gaslight Anthem, Glasvegas, Janelle Monae, Kids in Glass Houses, Madeon, MGMT, Palma Violets, Seasick Steve, Sigur Ros, Twin Atlantic, Travis, We Are Scientists.

The most successful day as far as I'm aware ticket selling wise was Rihanna - if that is a winning formula this year with others not being, I don't see why this won't kinda continue. Lady GaGa/Jay Z look a very good chance and with Jay leaving Scotland out his tour, it's just a waiting game I think to whether ellis gets him for T or for Bella

Daft Punk won't do that slot. Calvin Harris rammed it out, DP would massacre it and to be honest, the crowd at T for them would be silly.

Is nobody considering Oasis for headlining? Wouldn't be surprised if they reformed for 2014 as they are rumoured to do, and if they were to I think they would play T

I can see Biffy playing for certain, and Franz Ferdinand, Travis and The Prodigy having high slots (The prodigy were interviewed on the T twitter page a couple of weeks ago)

And I can see QOTSA headlining Reading and Leeds as an exclusive

Edited by TheGaffer

The most successful day as far as I'm aware ticket selling wise was Rihanna - if that is a winning formula this year with others not being, I don't see why this won't kinda continue. Lady GaGa/Jay Z look a very good chance and with Jay leaving Scotland out his tour, it's just a waiting game I think to whether ellis gets him for T or for Bella