Elbow to headline in 2014

Guest ninetyeightytwo

No, I'm not a source close to the band, but this transcends speculation to enter the realm of genuine clarevoyance. I can absolutely see this happening.

Consider:

1. By 2014, they'll have either released their new album or be on the verge of releasing it - like Coldplay were in 2011.

2. In 2011 they subbed on the Pyramid stage and they've a couple of sold-out arena tours under their belt. They also played at the Olympic closing ceremony. They're definitely big enough.

3. They have ties with Glastonbury, having sampled the crowd on Grace Under Pressure and delivered a "legendary" set in 2008. In 2011, they went down so well that this seems like a no-brainer.

This is going to happen. I'm willing to put money on it.

I know there's already a 14 page thread discussing 2014's headliners, but I want to spook you all with my arcane second sight.

Elbow will headline Friday night, Fleetwood Mac on Saturday and Sunday will either belong to Prince or The Arcade Fire.

Thank you.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic