Nick Cave

Midnight Man

1 hour ago, jackarmy said:

Those tour dates make him look a certainty, surely? UK Tour in the autumn of next year to follow.

Is that a guess on the UK tour? Or have you seen it somewhere? 

The Europe and UK legs were part of the same cancelled tour last year so would have thought added on just before or after?

10 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

There seems to be a nice G shaped hole between Prague on Thurs 23rd and Berlin on Weds 29th? 🤞

I’d take this as an SR myself. I can’t imagine Glasto having any trouble booking him at all, and I imagine he’s an easy pyramid sub / other stage headliner willing to do it.

Someone easy they can secure early and move on to securing the more tricky acts.

22 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is that a guess on the UK tour? Or have you seen it somewhere? 

The Europe and UK legs were part of the same cancelled tour last year so would have thought added on just before or after?

Purely guess work on my part. But a good Glastonbury performance on the BBC would no doubt help shift tickets if he wants to go for arenas again.

14 minutes ago, henry bear said:

But as someone else pointed out, he's doing Czech Republic on the 23rd and Germany on the 27th. These countries are next to each other, which doesn't really make Glastonbury odds on.

Yeah but what else is in between to justify 4 days off. If you have shows on those dates you just announce them.

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but what else is in between to justify 4 days off. If you have shows on those dates you just announce them.

You might as well ask how he can justify the 7 days off between Lyon and Athens, or the 5 days between Athens and Zagreb. Or any of the other gaps including the entire back half of July. Ultimately, as with other acts, a gap in tour dates can simply end up being nothing more than a gap in tour dates - of course it could be reserved for Glastonbury, but it might be for something else, and it's entirely plausible that nothing gets added.

For example it wouldn't be unprecedented (even before the current uncertainty) if the outline of a deal is in place for a show somewhere but the local promoter isn't ready to commit/announce - to my mind that's the most likely scenario. I'm not saying he's ruled out by any stretch, but nor is he a cert.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

But as someone else pointed out, he's doing Czech Republic on the 23rd and Germany on the 27th. These countries are next to each other, which doesn't really make Glastonbury odds on.

Think that was me who pointed it out. Looks more to me like a couple of days off rather than confirmation that he’s gonna rush back for Glastonbury.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think that was me who pointed it out. Looks more to me like a couple of days off rather than confirmation that he’s gonna rush back for Glastonbury.

It could happen, but makes no logistical sense. Can’t imagine their tour manager would be happy with that itinerary. There are possibly a few other festivals on in Europe that weekend that might be more likely.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

It could happen, but makes no logistical sense. Can’t imagine their tour manager would be happy with that itinerary. There are possibly a few other festivals on in Europe that weekend that might be more likely.

If you’re planning to play Glastonbury you don’t tend to book tours dates in Central Europe on the Thursday and Monday.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I think he's playing Tinderbox up in Denmark and returning down to Germany. Czech Republic is right next to Germany so the short trip is worth it for a pay day.

As you say date wise too, that's why Billie would play Friday over Sunday. No way are a euro festival paying and act to perform when they've just done their 'cheap gig' the previous night and have travelled.

1 hour ago, incident said:

You might as well ask how he can justify the 7 days off between Lyon and Athens, or the 5 days between Athens and Zagreb. Or any of the other gaps including the entire back half of July. Ultimately, as with other acts, a gap in tour dates can simply end up being nothing more than a gap in tour dates - of course it could be reserved for Glastonbury, but it might be for something else, and it's entirely plausible that nothing gets added.

For example it wouldn't be unprecedented (even before the current uncertainty) if the outline of a deal is in place for a show somewhere but the local promoter isn't ready to commit/announce - to my mind that's the most likely scenario. I'm not saying he's ruled out by any stretch, but nor is he a cert.

Tbf his last date on one of the runs goes from a venue to a festival. He can't do much about when that festival is.