Nick Cave

Midnight Man

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What about something like The National did earlier this year at Festival Hall? That was just one show

That was a special one-off, previewing the album in its entirety. I imagine that, come Spring, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds won't have time for that stuff and will be playing the big halls.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:04 PM, lighthouse said:

!!!

The best news I've heard since...Cave announcing that album.

Any word on festivals?

Is he not more likely to do his own tour, then festivals in 2020?  And can't see him downsizing venues from the Arena circuit?  Wouldn't make any sense now.  I'm still amazed he sold out APE.  Pretty incredible popularity surge.

17 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I can see him headlining the Other stage this year, possibly while someone like Swift is on the Pyramid. 

I'd take that over him subbing again. I'd rather he headlined the thing in 2021, have to see how this next album goes down. He certainly isn't marketing it like he plans to headline (or at all it seems).

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'd take that over him subbing again. I'd rather he headlined the thing in 2021, have to see how this next album goes down. He certainly isn't marketing it like he plans to headline (or at all it seems).

Join us on Thursday 3rd of October for an exclusive chance to listen to the new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds album 'Ghosteen' in full with visuals (the nature of which are currently shrouded in mystery). Playback will start at 10pm sharp at one of Jumbo's favourite haunts, The Social on Merrion Street, Leeds. This is the only preview in the North, so we're expecting it to be pretty busy. The bar will be open throughout with Jumbo DJs playing records from 8pm - so be sure to get down early, grab a beer and make yourself comfortable.

Sounds like the perfect Thursday, right?

Excerpt from an ad from Leeds. Yep, it's different.

15 hours ago, carlosj said:

Join us on Thursday 3rd of October for an exclusive chance to listen to the new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds album 'Ghosteen' in full with visuals (the nature of which are currently shrouded in mystery). Playback will start at 10pm sharp at one of Jumbo's favourite haunts, The Social on Merrion Street, Leeds. This is the only preview in the North, so we're expecting it to be pretty busy. The bar will be open throughout with Jumbo DJs playing records from 8pm - so be sure to get down early, grab a beer and make yourself comfortable.

Sounds like the perfect Thursday, right?

Excerpt from an ad from Leeds. Yep, it's different.

Think it says something about the change in direction that the last album was previewed alongside a black and white film in the silence of a cinema and this one is being blasted at bars with booze flowing the whole time. 

Abattoir Blues 2: Electric Boogabloos incoming.

29 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Think it says something about the change in direction that the last album was previewed alongside a black and white film in the silence of a cinema and this one is being blasted at bars with booze flowing the whole time. 

Abattoir Blues 2: Electric Boogabloos incoming.

I’d love it to be a return to rockin’ Cave but it’s also been referred to as the last of the trilogy after Push the Sky Away and Skeleton Tree so I’m expecting another fairly downbeat album myself, but preparing to be surprised. 

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d love it to be a return to rockin’ Cave but it’s also been referred to as the last of the trilogy after Push the Sky Away and Skeleton Tree so I’m expecting another fairly downbeat album myself, but preparing to be surprised. 

Hadn't read about the trilogy thing, that adds up. Cant imagine hearing We Know Who U R or Anthrocene for the first time at a bar while I order my regular Thursday drinks.

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Annoyingly it’s not on Amazon Music yet.

I think the actual launch date is next Friday isn't it? I've got it on pre-order and pretty sure that's when it said it was released (through his site, not Amazon, though). 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl