Nick Cave

Midnight Man

I'll concede that to a certain point, but my, how disappointment as turned you all superior, high and mighty :sarcastic:

Yeah, well, desperate times and all...

I actually do want you to get a ticket - but only if I do too. You haven't got tickets for the other gigs after all. Russy on the other hand...

Thoughts on NMSWP?

I find it quite a hard album to listen to all the way through. I like each song individually, but listening to the whole thing kind of drags I think. From Sweetheart Come onwards. I do love Darker with the day at the end though.

Sacrilege! This is why I deserve the ticket more than you.

To be fair, I seem to be in the minority when rating it as one of my favourites. Most people seem to prefer Boatman's Call when it comes to slower albums.

Sorrowful Wife does the same thing as Oh My Lord in that it starts off gentle and goes a bit crazy towards the end. That whole "Come on help me baby! I was blind!" bit is awesome. It also has one of the best intros ever:

"I married my wife on the day of the eclipse
Our friends awarded her courage with gifts"

I love Boatman's Call but after NMSWP blew it out of the water for me. It's got more balls.

got the e-mail this morning

Sorry to be weird and obsessive but could you give a bit more detail? Does it say how long you have to buy the tickets? I'm just wondering if there might be a couple of email batches given that some people will only buy one ticket. I can't give up hope yet!

This is why I hate lottery-type ballots.

Really?

From Into my arms through to WDWGNBN is one of the most beautiful sequences ever heard.

Yeh it's a great album, just that there's loads of his that I prefer (almost all of them really!)

I have just noticed I got an email from seetickets today saying that my ticket form Monday has been dispatched, I think this fellow has got confused by that and thinks it means he has won a ticket..!

Yeh it's a great album, just that there's loads of his that I prefer (almost all of them really!)

I have just noticed I got an email from seetickets today saying that my ticket form Monday has been dispatched, I think this fellow has got confused by that and thinks it means he has won a ticket..!

Really? I received my tickets months ago.

Are you going on the Monday as well?

Really? I received my tickets months ago.

Are you going on the Monday as well?

I've got 2 tickets for saturday, one for sunday which I already have (ordered from his own website, I guess the same as you)

and it seems I booked a ticket for the monday on february 16th, 2 days after the others....!!

I'm going to have to sell one of them for sure! Probably the sunday

'

Congratulations on being selected from the ballot.

You now have the opportunity to purchase up to two tickets for the special Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds show at London's KOKO on November 3rd.

The band’s ticket store is now open to you.

Please go to the ticket store
and enter your e-mail address and your unique password: ...

In order to take advantage of this opportunity you must purchase your tickets by FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH AT MIDDAY (BST)
All purchases need to be made by this specified end date & time. After that date you forfeit your right to buy a ticket(s).

Price £40 + 10% booking fee

Over 16s only. Proof of ID will need to be shown at the venue.

'

Congratulations on being selected from the ballot.

You now have the opportunity to purchase up to two tickets for the special Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds show at London's KOKO on November 3rd.

The band’s ticket store is now open to you.

Please go to the ticket store and enter your e-mail address and your unique password: ...

In order to take advantage of this opportunity you must purchase your tickets by FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH AT MIDDAY (BST)

All purchases need to be made by this specified end date & time. After that date you forfeit your right to buy a ticket(s).

Price £40 + 10% booking fee

Over 16s only. Proof of ID will need to be shown at the venue.

Thanks for that! Interesting that you have until October 18th. So they might be left with some spares after that date. It can only mean one thing...

...Resale!

Fast becoming my most used and hated word.

i'd give this up a million times over for a ticket to the festival. should be a great gig nevertheless!

anyway there's still hope for next year. stay positive! :D

Next year? Next week, do you mean?

Why would they say "on or by Friday 11th". I reckon they're doing it in batches.

None of it makes sense!