Nick Cave

Midnight Man

48 minutes ago, jyoung said:

If anyone is aged between 14 - 25 and wants to hit up the London show. Sign up to Young Barbican on the Barbican website and you can get £15 tickets to the show (amazing deal considering prices). I used this a lot when I was studying in London. Just need to show some ID when you turn up on the night. Enjoy!

I'm gonna try for this but I'm guessing they'll get snapped up quickly for this?

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm gonna try for this but I'm guessing they'll get snapped up quickly for this?

I'd say a chunk of his fans are a fair bit older going by the usual demographic for gigs. You'll probably be alright.

Gah, still debating it. I have a million other things I should use that money for...

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd say a chunk of his fans are a fair bit older going by the usual demographic for gigs. You'll probably be alright.

Gah, still debating it. I have a million other things I should use that money for...

Yeah I probably wouldn't be going if it weren't for the cheap Young Barbican tickets. I suppose it will be nice to see him in a more intimate setting, but then it's not really a proper concert is it? I wonder if he'll take requests though; that would be quite nice...

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah I probably wouldn't be going if it weren't for the cheap Young Barbican tickets. I suppose it will be nice to see him in a more intimate setting, but then it's not really a proper concert is it? I wonder if he'll take requests though; that would be quite nice...

I've been to a couple of these intimate things before and he sometimes does. They're pretty special shows on the whole. This one is crazy expensive, though, and it smarts that a lot of the tickets out of London are cheaper!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've been to a couple of these intimate things before and he sometimes does. They're pretty special shows on the whole. This one is crazy expensive, though, and it smarts that a lot of the tickets out of London are cheaper!

Nowhere else you could go to see him? I live in the middle of nowhere so always having to travel far for concerts :(.

I suppose the prices at least further confirm that he's a big name now, ready to headline a certain Pyramid Stage...

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nowhere else you could go to see him? I live in the middle of nowhere so always having to travel far for concerts :(.

I suppose the prices at least further confirm that he's a big name now, ready to headline a certain Pyramid Stage...

I was thinking about it, but I work full-time and don't drive so it makes timings a bit tricky - and the cost of train fares will probably push the ticket price up so much it's not worth it anyway! My weekend options are Cardiff, Edinburgh and Gateshead :(

Otherwise engaged on the Brighton date! :)

On 2/18/2019 at 12:40 PM, priest17 said:

Although I'd be annoyed at missing a Nick Cave appearance if he played with Kylie, it'd make explaining who he is a little easier when he headlines next year.

Why? Give a shit about Kylie in a collaboration sense. There is either Nick, or no Nick. 

Edited by Superscally
Typo

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Why? Give a shit about Kylie in a collaboration sense. There is either Nick, or no Nick. 

I'm suggesting that Nicky Boi might pop up in Kylie's set (nout against her, I just hate the pyramid on Sunday afternoon) and this he's in the public's mind somewhat so when be headlines in 2020 it won't be such a surprise 

Edited by priest17
  • Like 1