Midnight Man

Nick Cave

Makes the place looks huge.

That Samsung light-up tissue box was a bloody eyesore though.

16 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Quark,

I may be a little late with this but start with the Lovely Creatures best of album and the just take it from there. Take a track that you like and then check out that album and so on, it will be a great journey.

Yup, made a start on that and seeing how we go!

21 hours ago, russycarps said:

Sensational gig. Proof indeed that not only could they headline Glastonbury, but they'd also be one of the greatest headliners of all time. 

While the duet with Kylie was the low point musically for me, it was a masterstroke from a marketing perspective. The gig is being reviewed all over the mainstream media, even in rags like the sun. If she hadnt been there the gig would have passed with barely a murmer I bet. I hope they now keep up the momentum and announce a few more big dates and then headlining glastonbury will be a formality. 

Seeing them play loverman was a huge moment for me, as it was the song that got me into the band. At glastonbury in 1994 I'd never even heard of nick cave and had no real clue about music. I was only really into rave music back then but that song and the rest of the set changed everything for me. 

Of course there are loads of songs I wish they'd played but that's always the case when you have a back catalogue like that. Would have liked to see higgs boson blues and skeleton tree. That was so joyous at the o2. 

What a day! 

I may have to screenshot this - a happy Russy :)

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup, made a start on that and seeing how we go!

Bollocks to this lily-livered wishy-washy greatest hits fence-sitting. Whack up the volume and slap on Junkyard.

Was never a fan but really enjoyed the Dublin gig last night. Got up on stage for Stagger Lee only to be turned away at the last second. Too many people already. 

Really don't think he's got the tunes to carry a Pyramid headline spec folks - irrespective of whatever gothy theatrics/unusual percussion he can conjure. West Holts on the other hand would be perfect for him.

Loved Jubilee St. have to say the other night. Had a sultry groove. Chewn of the night by a mile. Stagger Lee outstays its welcome as ever however. A panto dirge.

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Really don't think he's got the tunes to carry a Pyramid headline spec folks - irrespective of whatever gothy theatrics/unusual percussion he can conjure. West Holts on the other hand would be perfect for him.

Loved Jubilee St. have to say the other night. Had a sultry groove. Chewn of the night by a mile. Stagger Lee outstays its welcome as ever however. A panto dirge.

Jubilee Street is the best song I've ever seen live I reckon. Thought the same both times I've seen him.

Cave on West Holts, though? Surely not a fit at all.

50 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Jubilee Street is the best song I've ever seen live I reckon. Thought the same both times I've seen him.

It’s a banger of a tune. Properly elevated events on Wed last.