Midnight Man

Nick Cave

Never listened to Nick Cave before but I know he's doing alot of festivals next year and want to like his stuff incase I go see him. What is the best album to listen to first to get into him?

33 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Never listened to Nick Cave before but I know he's doing alot of festivals next year and want to like his stuff incase I go see him. What is the best album to listen to first to get into him?

I'd personally suggest putting on the greatest hits album he brought out this year called Lovely Creatures because out of the many albums and songs he has, that's gonna have all the songs he's gonna play (Skeleton Tree aside) and from there you can find the songs you like on there and listen to the album they're on.

If you definitely want a studio album tho, I'd say Let Love In. It's probably the meeting point of early Nick's punk spirit and the production value the band carries on nowadays, and also has some of his biggest and most beloved tunes.

Edited by dentalplan

My mate is in Sweden atm and had an Instagram story of an art gallery today and in the middle of it the camera panned across to the giant sculpture from the Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! cover.

Doubt he knows it's on a Nick Cave album but yeah.

After dropping lots of hints I unfortunately did not get this for Christmas - I suppose the price tag of £23,750 would be a bit of off putting!  It is lovely though.

IMG_0830.thumb.JPG.d3789d4f8efd711d7eccadc4f516b39b.JPG

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It certainly looks like a bad motherfucker. :D

The one lady in there on ladies night worked there. She was nice though. No killings or shenanigans

Hopefully it comes out on DVD not long after, not really bothered about seeing a gig at the cinema.

Even just this trailers brought back just how good this gig was (well, the one I went to). Bring on the Blu-Ray.

Anyone else get this in an email today? Wonder what it's about... some kind of Q&A events series?

Also, who the fuck is Rachel? I'm Rebecca, so wondering if maybe the algorithm was supposed to pull in the receiver's first name and fucked it up?

Or am I just getting personal emails from the man and he can't remember my name...

5a995b9808080_ScreenShot2018-03-02at14_09_24.png.93e4db484faf7b4e0215d2bbc0243edf.png5a995b95cf96d_ScreenShot2018-03-02at14_09_08.thumb.png.9c7d04f9d15c3e4d00684dbbc26e249e.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else get this in an email today? Wonder what it's about... some kind of Q&A events series?

Also, who the fuck is Rachel? I'm Rebecca, so wondering if maybe the algorithm was supposed to pull in the receiver's first name and fucked it up?

Or am I just getting personal emails from the man and he can't remember my name...

5a995b9808080_ScreenShot2018-03-02at14_09_24.png.93e4db484faf7b4e0215d2bbc0243edf.png5a995b95cf96d_ScreenShot2018-03-02at14_09_08.thumb.png.9c7d04f9d15c3e4d00684dbbc26e249e.png

Appeared on reddit too, addressed to Rachel. Must be a bit.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I take thee Rachel...

Susie. Susie. 

Well I'd probably go to a Q&A I guess, but these things tend to be a huge disappointment.