Nick Cave

Midnight Man

It's a bit of a hard one to call really. On the one hand, the Brighton date seems to be the first date of the tour, with the same support acts and everything:

"Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds kick off their European tour next week playing at the Brighton Dome on Thursday 24th October, with support from Les Colettes and Shilpa Ray – whose EP ‘It’s All Self Fellatio is out today, available here."

It ws announced separately, a long time after the other dates, but even then it's as part of the tour:

"Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds have added a show in Nick Cave’s hometown of Brighton, UK. The band will play the Brighton Dome on 24th October, kicking off their long sold out UK tour – tickets on sale Friday 2nd August at 9am, with Dome members having priority booking from 10am BST on Thursday 1st August here."

No way of knowing another setlist until tomorrow now.

EXCITED!!!!

So many good songs to play, and what's been mentioned is a nice mix. The chances of '15 feet of pure white snow' is admittedly slim.

Chances to hear favourite songs makes me regret leaving BB King early in 2011 to see Fat Boy Slim, as BB played 'Guess Who'. Ah well.

Someone's just posted this as last night's setlist - Eternity's back in - is this accurate Dave?

The other list had a shitload of ballads and would have been extraordinary.

However, if that's the list they're selecting from, then every night at Hammersmith is going to be different - hang on to your receding hairlines...

hmm he said they defo played nobodys baby now..

I think the long list of ballads are just the ones they've rehearsed and they'll only pick 1 or 2 of them each night

Indeed. What is that, 3 songs off Abattoir blues album? Surprised to see so many to be honest.

I'm not a huge fan of abattoir blues OR hiding all away though...

Yeah me too. Although I love both songs. Would prefer some of the things on Dave's list if I'm honest, and I now think that he didn't actually play them all. But Nobody's Baby Now! And Babe You Turn Me On.

I want his beard. I had a ginger beard when I was younger, although my hair is (er, was) brown. When I grew it again 2 years, I just looked like Captain Birdseye, not a hirsute rock god of virility :crying:

Not sure he plated all the songs on the set-list, as noted in a previous post I am a new fan so don't know all the songs. But certainly either at the very end of the main part of the set or as they started the encore NC looked at the set-list and said 'shit we missed out Mermaids'!

I do think we had Eternity as I seem to remember a song with 'Eternity' sung in it as part of the chorus.

Was a truly great gig. wife and I absolutely loved it.

Edited by jamesrfisher

Ok. Here is the actual setlist from Brighton (not in order)

1. From Her To Eternity

2. Tupelo

3. Sad Waters

4. Stranger Than Kindness

5. The Mercy Seat

6. Deanna

7. Papa, Won't Leave You Henry

8. Nobody's Baby Now

9. Red Right Hand

10. Stagger Lee

11. Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For

12. West Country Girl

13. Abattoir Blue

14. Hiding All Way

15. Babe, You Turn Me On

16. We Real Cool

17. Mermaids

18. Jubilee Street

19. Higgs Boson Blues

20. Push The Sky Away

I think the last song was a new one, it went something like "If you want me to burn, I will".

Edited by gagpaf