Nick Cave

Midnight Man

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If it makes you feel any better I was in the front row and couldn't really see Nick when he was behind the piano! Not a complaint though, you just probably saw different stuff to me. I couldn't have been happier with where I sat. Bagged a setlist too.

I came out of that gig thinking "I need to see them again" and completely forgot i had tickets for Primavera so that is a joy to remember!

I Need You was so awesome. I was in tears for a big chunk of the middle but managed to keep it quite dignified I think. That was definitely an emotional moment, though. I love that song so much.

Do you think they will play much Carnage stuff with the full Bad Seeds?

Hand of God and white elephant both seem very likely.

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Just bought tickets for this depsite having not listened to Carnage and listened to Ghosteen about once. Might go in blind though. 

I honestly think this would work quite well. The Ghosteen songs felt like they had a whole different feel live. Where will you be seeing them?

As I posted upthread, I bought a nosebleed seat for Edinburgh Playhouse, but due to some circumstances I had to sit out. As I was going to New Order Halifax and Manchester (Heaton Park) gigs, I added Cave & Ellis Stoke-On-Trent, the day before NO’s Piece Hall date. I was blown away. It was so good that I decided to catch them in Glasgow. Again, I was blown away. Honestly this matches the best of the Bad Seeds shows I have ever been to.

I was a “balcony man” both times and the benefit is, both venues are 1500-seaters while Playhouse Theatre houses about 3000 so the stages were relatively close even from nosebleed seats. And in Glasgow Nick dedicated the song to those in the balcony lol.

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He did that last night too! Went down well with the balcony crew.

Whenever he came to “balcony man” in the singing, it caused a lot of commotion around me. That made the day for us in the nosebleed. You should have been there lol.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I honestly think this would work quite well. The Ghosteen songs felt like they had a whole different feel live. Where will you be seeing them?

I enjoyed Ghosteen as an album, but the live performances had the intensity that, for whatever reason, were not so present on the album itself. Playing those songs in theatres was definitely the way to go. Ending with Ghosteen Speaks was a masterstroke. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

He did that last night too! Went down well with the balcony crew.

Balcony Man was, I think, dedicated to the balcony dwellers everywhere. Crazy amount of balcony sections in Cardiff. 

Looking forward to the summer tour with the Bad Seeds, and wondering where they'll play over here. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I enjoyed Ghosteen as an album, but the live performances had the intensity that, for whatever reason, were not so present on the album itself. Playing those songs in theatres was definitely the way to go. Ending with Ghosteen Speaks was a masterstroke. 

Balcony Man was, I think, dedicated to the balcony dwellers everywhere. Crazy amount of balcony sections in Cardiff. 

Looking forward to the summer tour with the Bad Seeds, and wondering where they'll play over here. 

I completely agree on Ghosteen. I like it but it's far from one of my favourites and definitely didn't have the impact for me of Skeleton Tree or PTSA. Live, though, was a totally different prospect. Those songs really came alive for me. Such a shame they didn't get to do the proper Ghosteen tour last year.

Are they definitely doing a full tour next summer or is it just festivals? Very excited about Primavera anyway.

59 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I’m curious to see what they’ll play on the summer tour. Given how Ghosteen heavy this tour was, I’d be surprised if they play many songs from it next summer, especially when a lot of their shows are festivals. I’d be surprised if we get anything new before then so maybe something that covers all the albums rather than focusing a bit more on the last few?

Edited by kingcrawler

15 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Are they definitely doing a full tour next summer or is it just festivals? Very excited about Primavera anyway.

Festivals and some of their own headline shows in between, wish I'd seen the announcement of Verona. The venue there is stunning.