Nick Cave

Midnight Man

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Brilliant. 

And only wee'd myself a couple of times.

Did you cry mate? I did during I Need You. Also had a big leak before the first encore. Missed the first minute or so of Hollywood but made it back for the remaining 25 minutes of it.

Bit lame that he’s cut his setlist down by 3 or so songs these last couple of dates, leaving out some of the songs I was most excited for. Incredible night, still.

7 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Did you cry mate? I did during I Need You. Also had a big leak before the first encore. Missed the first minute or so of Hollywood but made it back for the remaining 25 minutes of it.

Bit lame that he’s cut his setlist down by 3 or so songs these last couple of dates, leaving out some of the songs I was most excited for. Incredible night, still.

No, didn't cry, and didn't need a loo break, so did a good job of keeping my fluids to myself. Not sure about setlists from previous gigs, are people still worried about setlist spoilers? But been listening to a lot of ghosteen and carnage recently and they are two beautiful and powerful albums, so really enjoyed it. Never seen Nick Cave before, he's a spiritual guy isn't he? Warren Ellis is a fuckin dude too, saw him with his band, whatever their name is, ages ago at greenman and he was a fuckin dude then too.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

No, didn't cry, and didn't need a loo break, so did a good job of keeping my fluids to myself. Not sure about setlists from previous gigs, are people still worried about setlist spoilers? But been listening to a lot of ghosteen and carnage recently and they are two beautiful and powerful albums, so really enjoyed it. Never seen Nick Cave before, he's a spiritual guy isn't he? Warren Ellis is a fuckin dude too, saw him with his band, whatever their name is, ages ago at greenman and he was a fuckin dude then too.

Feel free to chat about setlists, I think it was just me saying I didn't want to look at actual setlists for once to spoil it for myself (I usually would read them all).

Warren is so awesome. His band is called The Dirty Threee.

• 2 weeks later...

My turn tonight! I have had the busiest few weeks, and work has been absolutely awful (Woohoo! again, for leaving this job at the end of next week) so I've barely had chance to think about the gig tonight. Could not be happier that it's in a wonderful venue, and all I have to do is sit there and listen to some beautiful music. 

Got this on Friday in Leicester. 

Not a huge Cave fan, but the OH is and it's a treat for her... Full on date night with hotel, afternoon tea, dinner etc 

Been listening to some of his stuff on these gigs, will see how it goes.

Did see him with the Bad Seeds years ago at Exit in Serbia, that was decent enough.

Deliberately avoided this page for a bit, to avoid giveaways, but just got back from the gig in Liverpool. Incredible! 

I Need You made me cry (unbelievably intense and emotional at the end)

Hollywood live is like Higgs Bosun Blues meets Jubilee Street on steroids 

Couple of old gems, but I won't drop spoilers for those who don't check setlists in advance.

Warren's keyboard broke. Cracked out the flute. 

Nick nearly broke. Didn't. 

Still loads of muppets shouting out song titles...

...but... A treat. If you haven't got tickets and you can find any, get them. If not, why are you here? 

🤣

So good

20210927_205925.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Deliberately avoided this page for a bit, to avoid giveaways, but just got back from the gig in Liverpool. Incredible! 

Couple of old gems, but I won't drop spoilers for those who don't check setlists in advance.

...but... A treat. If you haven't got tickets and you can find any, get them. If not, why are you here? 

🤣

So good

20210927_205925.jpg

I'm going next week. Can't fucking wait. So glad it was amazing.

• Upvote 1

Judging from the position of you photo, I have to ask @Superscally if you were the guy who shouted "You're a fockin hero, Nick!" after a particularly emotive tune 😂

Honestly I can deal with the people shouting out song titles, what I can't stand is the disrespecful twunt near me who variously complained loudly about them playing "that Ghosteen shit", amd when Warren was having instrument issues, "just play the song you git!". Honestly if he had been one row infront of me, rather than two, he was in danger of getting a boot to the head 😡

*breathe*

But none of that could detract from how magnificent the performance was. There was just one song I was gutted not to hear (and we came so close, I heartily "woo!"ed when Nick suggested it during one of the encores, but the reaction was not great enough so we got an alternative) but everything they did play was just beautiful. I got quite emotional during Warren's first violin bit - that was stunning.

All of you who are yet to go, I envy you! But feel so lucky we got this tour 😊

9 hours ago, Superscally said:

🤣

So good

We were at the Cardiff gig. I was so so happy they played I Need You. That song alone made my evening. Along with THE best love song ever written, which I won’t name, to avoid spoilers.

A968ABAF-9C3C-43E7-BC74-E801F0CF461D.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee

37 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

😂 

37 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Judging from the position of you photo, I have to ask @Superscally if you were the guy who shouted "You're a fockin hero, Nick!" after a particularly emotive tune 😂

Honestly I can deal with the people shouting out song titles, what I can't stand is the disrespecful twunt near me who variously complained loudly about them playing "that Ghosteen shit", amd when Warren was having instrument issues, "just play the song you git!". Honestly if he had been one row infront of me, rather than two, he was in danger of getting a boot to the head 😡

*breathe*

But none of that could detract from how magnificent the performance was. There was just one song I was gutted not to hear (and we came so close, I heartily "woo!"ed when Nick suggested it during one of the encores, but the reaction was not great enough so we got an alternative) but everything they did play was just beautiful. I got quite emotional during Warren's first violin bit - that was stunning.

All of you who are yet to go, I envy you! But feel so lucky we got this tour 😊

Come on! Give me some credit! 🤣Our row was so good no-one even got up to piss or go to the bar. That fella got on my wick - I didn't mind the "hero" thing so much, that was after "I need you", but he was shouting some song titles too and piped up at a bad point mid song too. Maybe it wasn't him doing it all, but was I'm that area...

Glad you loved it!!! 

32 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We were at the Cardiff gig. I was so so happy they played I Need You. That song alone made my evening. Along with THE best love song ever written, which I won’t name, to avoid spoilers.

A968ABAF-9C3C-43E7-BC74-E801F0CF461D.jpeg

You mean mine and Nadine's wedding first dance song? 😉

Edited by Superscally

On 9/17/2021 at 11:31 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah, I Need You was the best bit of the night for me, along with watching Warren jig like Gandalf on Es during Hand of God. I was at Bradford, where it was recorded, so I hope it becomes available. It was a great night, Nick was effusive, bantered, disarmed the 1 or 2 shouters, they were all happy to get back on a stage. I need to work out how to configure my phone camera though.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:41 PM, carlosj said:

Yeah, I Need You was the best bit of the night for me, along with watching Warren jig like Gandalf on Es during Hand of God. I was at Bradford, where it was recorded, so I hope it becomes available. It was a great night, Nick was effusive, bantered, disarmed the 1 or 2 shouters, they were all happy to get back on a stage. I need to work out how to configure my phone camera though.

I said to my missus "Father Jack" during HoG 🤣