Nick Cave

Midnight Man

• 1 month later...

First gig for 18 months and first proper sit down gig for god knows howlong. Dont ask me for a setlist as ive no idea, but obviously mostly Carnage with  a few Bad Seeds tunes, one from Grinderman and a bit of a T. Rex cover.

Nick resplendent in shiny slipons, dark grey slacks and a moss green blazer. Warren sat playing his synth on his lap, Johnny Hostile on everything else and 3 great backing singers

Came on at 8.10 and played for 2 hours inc 2 encors v.respectful crowd where i was, listening in total silence right to the end of each song, but heartfelt standing ovations at the end.

A few first night nerves and mishaps, but an extraordinary show which will only get better

43 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Warning for those not wanting spoilers but remember a few concerns about the set lists for the upcoming shows, but just seen the set list for night 1 here and very happy (and relieved) to see a full 20 song set including a bit of everything. Can’t wait for the Royal Albert Hall now

Spoilers..

Ooof, that's a beaut. INY into IMA and palaces to finish are both gonna be very nice moments if he sticks with that.

Little pic from last night. Won’t add anything that might be a spoiler for those lucky souls still to see it. Suspect the later in the tour you see it might be better as they are still rusty unsurprisingly and still working out the new stuff. As ever though, always a wonderful night with Nick

D01AC469-99DA-42D1-A3F6-E549E3F4C538.jpeg

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

A lot of love for Warren last night. Very grateful to the woman at the front heckling him to play his violin, the little improvised Dirty Three style piece with Nick on piano was sublime. Nick telling him to get used to the adulation and giving him the limelight was very sweet I thought.

This is heartwarming stuff. Love Warren so much.

Spoiler free: tonight was absolutely breathtaking. First time I've seen Nick Cave live and he, Warren and the band did not disappoint. The first show our local theatre has seen since March 2019 and I dare say one of the best ones they'll have in a long, long time. Anyone else with tickets for this tour is in for a treat. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brownie30 said:

Spoiler free: tonight was absolutely breathtaking. First time I've seen Nick Cave live and he, Warren and the band did not disappoint. The first show our local theatre has seen since March 2019 and I dare say one of the best ones they'll have in a long, long time. Anyone else with tickets for this tour is in for a treat. 

Fantastic news! Very glad you enjoyed and very excited.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Two questions:

Is there a support?

What time did the show finish? I'm trying to work out if I can get the train home or if i'll have to stay...

Aylesbury on Sunday night started just after 8pm and finished around 10.15/20 including two encores. No support.

@WestCountryGirlokay wow, you are really in for a treat. I almost didn't go as I was in Liverpool this morning so had to travel down to Bristol, then over to Oxford, all while feeling very fatigued because I went a bit hard on the weekend...

So glad I did though. Such a great performance. The new songs sounded so beautiful and atmospheric live, and they threw in a few hits for good measure too.

If I wasn't so poor I'd be tempted to book a ticket to another date on this tour. I just hope they make a concert film out of one of the shows

On 9/14/2021 at 10:51 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

@WestCountryGirlokay wow, you are really in for a treat. I almost didn't go as I was in Liverpool this morning so had to travel down to Bristol, then over to Oxford, all while feeling very fatigued because I went a bit hard on the weekend...

So glad I did though. Such a great performance. The new songs sounded so beautiful and atmospheric live, and they threw in a few hits for good measure too.

If I wasn't so poor I'd be tempted to book a ticket to another date on this tour. I just hope they make a concert film out of one of the shows

I'm going next Thursday in Sheffield, very excited!!! X