Nick Cave

Midnight Man

19 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Wow thats brilliant! Currently number 104 in queue for Poole Lighthouse

Funny, I went from 62 to 3 in the queue by the next refresh as so many people bailed when they saw how expensive the tix were at Poole.

Ended up going for the cheapest in the back row. Soooooo many £88 tickets left, will be interesting to see if it even sells out at that price.

Grabbed a couple of £35 cheapo tickets in the Gallery Standing for the Royal Albert Hall. 

Couldn't really justify stretching for the prices they were charging, but will take my chances watching from the gods. I hate sitting down at gigs anyway....

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

Enjoy the view from the front, we'll wave from the back seat in the balcony!

There's four of us, just couldn't justify an extra £120. Very excited to have the date in the diary.

I know what you mean. Im flying solo so it was only an extra £30.00 and it will be my first gig for nearly 18 months so thought id go for it. 

4 minutes ago, tjamest said:

I know what you mean. Im flying solo so it was only an extra £30.00 and it will be my first gig for nearly 18 months so thought id go for it. 

This was my attitude too. Nick Cave is my absolute favourite artist and I've not had a big gig for so long. Also flying solo so thought fuck it. Going to be immense.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nick Cave is my absolute favourite artist and I've not had a big gig for so long

Loved watching him on the pyramid in 2013. The place was packed with teenagers patiently waiting for mumfords and Nick pulled out all the stops, he was in full front man mode during Stagger Lee. Epic.

Most of the kids probably had no idea who he was, I wonder how many became fans afterwards...

Just now, Kurosagi said:

Loved watching him on the pyramid in 2013. The place was packed with teenagers patiently waiting for mumfords and Nick pulled out all the stops, he was in full front man mode during Stagger Lee. Epic.

Most of the kids probably had no idea who he was, I wonder how many became fans afterwards...

It was an incredible performance. I've seen Cave many times and that was in the top three for me!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was an incredible performance. I've seen Cave many times and that was in the top three for me!

I had a clash, can't remember what it was now. I threaded my way into the crowd down the front right hand side so I could have a quick exit. Only intended to stay for a few songs before heading off, expected him to be aloof and pissy with all the mumford fans - I was totally wrong, he loved it! I ditched my plan quite quickly and stayed to the end. Brilliant fun.

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

I had a clash, can't remember what it was now. I threaded my way into the crowd down the front right hand side so I could have a quick exit. Only intended to stay for a few songs before heading off, expected him to be aloof and pissy with all the mumford fans - I was totally wrong, he loved it! I ditched my plan quite quickly and stayed to the end. Brilliant fun.

Smashing Pumpkins were on the Other at the same time.

Wasn’t gonna bother this morning but at £38 incl. fees for the choir seats I thought I’d rather do that than be sat at home. Seeing him at Primavera anyway so don’t really care what my view is like for these songs, just be nice to hear them live.

Yessss - after travelling many miles both here and in Europe I can’t believe I have tickets at our local venue at de Montfort Hall, Leicester - about 10 minutes away! We used to have great gigs at this venue in the past but in recent years it’s been dire