Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Urgh got meetings all day, so won't be able to listen in full until after work, up to White Elephant now before stopping. Hand of God is amazing. Sounds like a good counterpoint to Ghosteen so far. I am a little disappointed that it's not a full Bad Seeds record, though. Wonder if it means that these songs won't be played on the NCatBS tours. 

9 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Urgh got meetings all day, so won't be able to listen in full until after work, up to White Elephant now before stopping. Hand of God is amazing. Sounds like a good counterpoint to Ghosteen so far. I am a little disappointed that it's not a full Bad Seeds record, though. Wonder if it means that these songs won't be played on the NCatBS tours. 

That's my worry too. Would love to see some of this live, but I think it might just be a one-off recorded thing.

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So Balcony Man is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time. 

It is wonderful. I really need to listen to it all again.

5 hours ago, misterplow said:

Magnificent record. And actually quite uplifting for Cave standards.

This one set a new bar for 2021 for me. 

Third listen for me now. Feel you on the uplifting thing. This feels like quite a healing record for me, perfectly timed, and needed the past year to happen for its creation.

I just wish it was longer.

Attention Nick Cave nerds. 

Having a clear out and getting rid of a load of stuff, including this DVD/CD set of Cave on the Abattoir Blues tour in 2004. Never watched or listened.

Free to a good home. DM me if you want it and can stick in the post. Just ply me with booze at the meet or summat.

20210227_153034.jpg

20210227_153024.jpg

Just listened to Carnage for the first time. Had ignored it at the end of last week like an ejit as I thought it was the soundtrack of the Venom sequel. Yes I know - Im an idiot.

Its breathtaking. Ghosteen is about as high a bar as I can set but this is same level.

Jesus these guys are on a roll.

Now Grinderman 3 please gents

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig
spelling