Nick Cave

Midnight Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Although I’m sure COVID had something to do with it, I do wonder if it’s also a convenient excuse to cancel considering it looked like this was selling pretty poorly all around. I delayed getting a ticket over and over because Manchester standing still hadn’t sold out right up until the cancellation. Seems interest may have waned a little in the past couple of years between Skeleton Tree and Ghosteen, probably not helped by Ghosteen being even more downbeat after an already very downbeat album. 

4 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

Boooooo!

Cancelling April gigs now is not a good sign people...

Tour was April through early June so was either no scope for rescheduling, they didn't want to cancel half a tour, or most likely that they don't think any will be possible even that far into the year. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’m sure COVID had something to do with it, I do wonder if it’s also a convenient excuse to cancel considering it looked like this was selling pretty poorly all around. I delayed getting a ticket over and over because Manchester standing still hadn’t sold out right up until the cancellation. 

There was a lot of dates in bigger venues so all selling out was unlikely. Sure all would have done enough to at the very least break even on the weaker selling venues. Are GA tickets the most sought after among his fanbase? 

8 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Honestly y'all are wrong if you think he cancelled for any reason but covid 19. They surely don't feel confident about touring as early as April/May

Why can't it be both? It's no reflection on his artistry just because these were struggling to shift, it was always going to be a tough sell right now. Combined with uncertainty around when arena gigs will be back in whatever capacity, it's sensible they've pulled it.

38 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Why can't it be both? It's no reflection on his artistry just because these were struggling to shift, it was always going to be a tough sell right now. Combined with uncertainty around when arena gigs will be back in whatever capacity, it's sensible they've pulled it.

It can be both, but the low sales are a direct result of covid. Otherwise, Nick Cave in the past has done North American tours which have greatly undersold his European tours, so I don't think if this was sold out it would still be going on with covid.

12 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

It can be both, but the low sales are a direct result of covid. Otherwise, Nick Cave in the past has done North American tours which have greatly undersold his European tours, so I don't think if this was sold out it would still be going on with covid.

I cba trawling through this thread to see when this tour was initially announced, but I’m pretty sure it was a fair bit before COVID was a thing and it was selling poorly then. Not to say that it couldn’t have picked up later on, but I think Nick may have oversold himself a bit here with the amount of shows, size of venues and price of tickets. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I cba trawling through this thread to see when this tour was initially announced, but I’m pretty sure it was a fair bit before COVID was a thing and it was selling poorly then. Not to say that it couldn’t have picked up later on, but I think Nick may have oversold himself a bit here with the amount of shows, size of venues and price of tickets. 

I can't remember when it was announced, but these tickets are already rescheduled from May this year. So probably like end of 2019? He has played O2 arena before, dunno about the others.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl