Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Just now, Superscally said:

My band threw me off on stage at my wedding so they could play Palaces of Montezuma that they'd rehearsed in secret so I could dance with my lady 😍

One of my mates had that as his first dance at his wedding! Thought it was inspired as a choice.

They've split up now mind... 

My daughter is named Bee... Makes me appreciate Jubilee Street even more. Before you ask, not named with any inspiration from the song. Weirdest thing ever:

Did Brighton marathon few years back. Don't know the place at all. Looked up as I turned a corner and saw a single street sign. Jubilee Street. Mad.

Later we went for a roast dinner. Left and saw this guy walking towards us...loping away. 

"He doesn't half walk like..."

"...ALRIGHT NICK!"

"Alright mate!"

Cue three minutes of fan voting chat.

He looks into the pram:

"A baby! Nice!"

Nick Cave blessed my baby. He then crossed the road and went into his ACTUAL HOUSE, with a full length picture of Han Solo on the inside of his back door. 

Double mad. Never felt more like I was on the Truman Show. 

Edited by Superscally
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

My daughter is named Bee... Makes me appreciate Jubilee Street even more. Before you ask, not named with any inspiration from the song. Weirdest thing ever:

Did Brighton marathon few years back. Don't know the place at all. Looked up as I turned a corner and saw a single street sign. Jubilee Street. Mad.

Later we went for a roast dinner. Left and saw this guy walking towards us...loping away. 

"...ALRIGHT NICK!"

"Alright mate!"

He looks into the pram:

"A baby! Nice!"

Nick Cave blessed my baby. He then crossed the road and went into his ACTUAL HOUSE, with a full length picture of Han Solo on the inside of his back door. 

Ha that's awesome.

I'm still wondering how they did this here when he lives in LA now. He looks tanned to me also!

I'm ahead if you in the stream I think but it's so glorious setlist wise. Loving it. And a new song!!

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha that's awesome.

I'm still wondering how they did this here when he lives in LA now. He looks tanned to me also!

I'm ahead if you in the stream I think but it's so glorious setlist wise. Loving it. And a new song!!

I think he's splitting his time between here and there...

It's ace innit? Higgs Bosun Blues is ace. I ran past the Lorraine Motel when I ran across America, a few days after I saw a left turn to Tupelo. Was a deep few days.

35 minutes ago, Superscally said:

"...ALRIGHT NICK!"

"Alright mate!"

He looks into the pram:

"A baby! Nice!"

OMG Robert! 

Just now, lighthouse said:

Excellent stuff. Nick Cave streaming this magical piece, Swift releasing a new album a couple of hours later.

The world may be on fire, but as long as there is music. And God, there is music. I's been a lovely year for my ears thus far.

Far From Me. Damn Nick. 

It was lovely. I now want Nick and the lads headlining the Park more than I've ever wanted anything at Glasto. 

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Other Stage. 😉 

Park is way too small for an act playing 8 huge arena's in the UK/Ireland alone. 

This sadly as Park would be lovely atmospherically and Other is a bit of a wasteland.

That was so lovely. One of the nicest things to come out of all this bullshit. Surely they'll release it?