Nick Cave

Midnight Man

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Besides, gigs keep me sane. God help me if I go cold turkey for too long...

You’ll just have to suck it up like everyone else. Just be grateful that everyone comes out of this healthy and with their livelihoods intact.

Not seeing Nick Cave for a few months isn’t that much of a hardship really.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’ll just have to suck it up like everyone else. Just be grateful that everyone comes out of this healthy and with their livelihoods intact.

Not seeing Nick Cave for a few months isn’t that much of a hardship really.

I think you're being a bit harsh to be fair. I don't think @Gilgamesh69 was just talking about missing gigs, but the whole situation. There's no guarantee at all that our loved ones will stay healthy and jobs will be intact. I don't think we should underestimate the mental health impact of the measures. Telling people to just suck it up seems pretty callous.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think you're being a bit harsh to be fair. I don't think @Gilgamesh69 was just talking about missing gigs, but the whole situation. There's no guarantee at all that our loved ones will stay healthy and jobs will be intact. I don't think we should underestimate the mental health impact of the measures. Telling people to just suck it up seems pretty callous.

In all fairness if I thought there was a genuine mental health issue here then I wouldn’t have been in any way callous or dismissive. I just read it as someone getting a little melodramatic because their gig had been cancelled, which given the current climate gets pretty short shrift from me.

If I’ve misread the situation then I’ll apologise.

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In all fairness if I thought there was a genuine mental health issue here then I wouldn’t have been in any way callous or dismissive. I just read it as someone getting a little melodramatic because their gig had been cancelled, which given the current climate gets pretty short shrift from me.

If I’ve misread the situation then I’ll apologise.

I'm much more worried about other people; my friends, family, complete strangers etc. That's why I've joined volunteer groups and have been trying hard to be supportive and kind to others, despite struggling myself. 

But for me happiness seems to such a fleeting thing these days. I often find myself thinking it's all hopeless, that I'm going to be miserable and lonely all my life, and that nothing will ever change. So it can help to have things to look forward to, and when those things continue to fade away, it is really disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm much more worried about other people; my friends, family, complete strangers etc. That's why I've joined volunteer groups and have been trying hard to be supportive and kind to others, despite struggling myself. 

But for me happiness seems to such a fleeting thing these days. I often find myself thinking it's all hopeless, that I'm going to be miserable and lonely all my life, and that nothing will ever change. So it can help to have things to look forward to, and when those things continue to fade away, it is really disappointing.

Things will change .. there is another side it’s just we need to find it .. and however distant it may seem at the moment it’s there ... all the best .. pm me if you need to x x 

• 2 weeks later...

Great he is putting himself, the band and his fans safety first but FUCK SAKE I’m off to university supposedly at the end of this year and I won’t make a Wednesday to travel back to Manchester and they aren’t even offering refunds. This is misery compiler. 

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Great he is putting himself, the band and his fans safety first but FUCK SAKE I’m off to university supposedly at the end of this year and I won’t make a Wednesday to travel back to Manchester and they aren’t even offering refunds. This is misery compiler. 

Surely they have to offer a refund if you can't make the rescheduled date? That's normally the case with rescheduled gigs.

Also, it might be in the Easter holidays if that helps?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Surely they have to offer a refund if you can't make the rescheduled date? That's normally the case with rescheduled gigs.

Also, it might be in the Easter holidays if that helps?

Doesn't say so, just that the tickets will be fine for the rescheduled date. Worst case miss a lecture or two for Nick Cave wouldn't matter. 

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Doesn't say so, just that the tickets will be fine for the rescheduled date. Worst case miss a lecture or two for Nick Cave wouldn't matter. 

A lot of undergrad courses just have revision sessions and stuff like that between Easter break and exams/deadlines. Wouldn’t worry, just learn enough so you don’t need them. 👍

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ticketmaster still being c*nts I see

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

First year doesn't count

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

For what it’s worth you’re entitled to a full refund:https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/legal/cancelled-altered.html

On 4/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

It was for a much smaller gig, but I had a similar e-mail saying a show was postponed, and no mention of refunds.

E-Mailed the ticket agent (Alt Tickets) saying "I can't make it, can I have a refund instead?" or words to that effect, and had a response saying "Yes, we've processed this for you" within a couple hours.

Worth a try anyway.