Nick Cave

Midnight Man

4 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Has probably been discussed already, apologies if so. But chance of Nick appearing on the farm? Free over Glasto and appeared with Kylie last year.

Unless he's headlining the Other stage or sub under Taylor (which would be a weird night) I can't see it personally. 

Last night I had my first Nick Cave dream. 

The dream sent me back to secondary school and Nick came in. Started singing a cappella version of Stagger Lee, the dream then ended. 

I hope dreams foresee the future - Nick Cave doing a acoustic/a cappella set at Glastonbury (maybe on the park stage like Vampire Weekend before a Sunday sub slot) 

40 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Technically there's nothing stopping him, but his tour finishes in May and there's lack of festival dates anywhere else so it looks unlikely.

Mmmm the lack of festival dates does dampen the rumour somewhat. But not unheard of for acts to come over to just do Glasto. A stop off before popping across the pond. 

Although the gap before North America could just be to go home for a couple of months which would be fair play

• 4 weeks later...

I'd agree on the cancellations. Leeds are awaiting news from each band appearing, so it's not coming from them. I've asked via Red Right Hand files if he and the lads would consider a live stream type gig, which would be interesting if they're all video linked to each other. Frank Turner's done that for donations to his road crew. Petition time?

Just now, carlosj said:

I'd agree on the cancellations. Leeds are awaiting news from each band appearing, so it's not coming from them. I've asked via Red Right Hand files if he and the lads would consider a live stream type gig, which would be interesting if they're all video linked to each other. Frank Turner's done that for donations to his road crew. Petition time?

Ah that'd be ace actually. Would be well up for it.

From the Red Hand Files today:

I know it is hard to know, but please give us a hint on the tour in regards of the Corona virus. What is the latest you know? What are the risks of the tour being postponed? It would be sad if this is the case, but please know that we fans would support such a decision, no matter how hard it is to wait even longer to see you and the Bad Seeds.
MIKE, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN

Dear Mike and everyone else who has asked this question,

It has been a very strange few weeks, much has happened to us all, and many difficult decisions have had to be made. Slowly, we all are coming around to the realisation that we will need to lead very different lives for a while — short term, long term, who knows?

One very hard question that The Bad Seeds have had 
to answer is regarding our touring plans this year. With great disappointment and sadness we made the decision to postpone the UK, Europe and Israel tour, which seems, as far as I can see, the only responsible course of action. I am very sorry. More details will be posted on nickcave.com once the new plan settles.

I am working on a more personal response to the hundreds of questions that are coming in regarding the coronavirus. This will take a little time. Its a hard question to answer.

Love, Nick.