Nick Cave

Midnight Man

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does he repeat sets ad verbatim? Surely with the number of deep cuts to choose from he mixes it up a little?

I think the last arena tour was pretty much the same set every night, though they changed things up a bit for the festivals. They’ve got so many great albums that even switching a few songs every night would be great but I think it will end up being the same again this time round.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But why do both? Surely it's going to be the same set both nights?

The setlist may be the same, or a couple different, but no two performances of any song will be. It should be a great couple of nights. 
I wouldn't do multiple nights for many acts, there's too many out there even have the between song "chat" rehearsed or teleprompted!

Got tickets for Cardiff. Also have a family summer holiday to Croatia to look forward to.
Didn’t get Glastonbury tickets, but despite that 2020 is starting to come together nicely  ?

Still can’t believe  I won’t be at Glastonbury though.

Edited by Mr Boo

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

I'm thinking about going to Belgrade, looks like a pretty cool city.

...but the Lisbon venue looks fucking great!

Belgrade native here :D Belgrade is one of the best "explore for a weekend" cities in Europe. You have several interesting museums, bigass old fortress in the city center and you probably saw that standing tickets are 35€. Also it's June so the whole city is in full party mode by then and clubs, bars and restaurants on Danube are open which are really cool. 

Also for some reason Nick Cave is really popular here so the atmosphere is always good, he sold out arena show way back in 2008

Edited by Nicklord

12 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

My friend got drunk on Friday night and booked tickets to his Amsterdam show. We live in New Zealand so to say it's a bit out of the way is an understatement!

Good effort that. Clearly your friend would give their right arm (and red right hand) to see Mr Cave ?

Edited by Mr Boo

20 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

My friend got drunk on Friday night and booked tickets to his Amsterdam show. We live in New Zealand so to say it's a bit out of the way is an understatement!

I got drunk last night and posted on efests ... that concerned me .... Amsterdam though is a whole new level of drunkenness :)