Nick Cave

Midnight Man

20 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Really need to get into earlier Nick Cave. My entry point was Push the Sky Away and loved all the albums since, but for some bizarre reason haven't overly explored deeper in the back catalogue bar the obvious songs.

Yeah I was similar, got into him through people on here raving about Push the Sky Away and his 2013 set but never properly got into his earlier stuff until around the time Skeleton Tree came out. I'd say all his albums have taken me a fair few listens to get properly into but I'd recommend trying Let Love In next, probably his best album and it's a good bridge between the most recent three albums and the early post-punk stuff.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

He's one of those artists I've never got round to listening to despite all the plaudits he gets on here.

Giving Ghosteen a spin as I'm WFH today, and all I wan to do is stop working and just sit back and listen.  This is glorious.

He had several phases. You can't really go wrong with any way you dive in cause it's an almost flawless discography. Like his arguably worst album is Nocturama and that album is at least 6/10

Edited by Nicklord

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's my funeral song. Cremation, obvs.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

My dad always says that ahah. Full 15 minutes. It'd do my mum's head in. 

I've bagsied Death Is Not The End.

I would love to go out like this fella. What an exit.

Okay...I'm going to keep it to Bad Seeds albums...To be honest, my list is pretty much correlative with how often I've listened to each album - such is the nature of 'grower' albums.  

1. Abbatoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
2.Let Love In
3. Murder Ballads
4. Push the Sky Away
5. Henry's Dream
6. The Boatman's Call
7. Dig Lazarus Dig
8. No More Shall We Part
9. The Firstborn is Dead
10. Tender Prey
11. The Good Son
12. From Her to Eternity
13. Skeleton Tree
14. Nocturama
15. Your Funeral...My Trial
16.  Ghosteen (I'm sure it will properly click soon)
17. No More Shall We Part

48 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's my funeral song. Cremation, obvs.

Me too, with the bonus of it being so long and people can't leave till it finishes. MrsCJ  says she'll just click the off switch after a minute though. I won't tell her the insurance policy goes to the cats home.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What

Haha, I will have to give it another go. As I say, there's a lot of correlation with how much I have listened to the albums. That's just not one I've ever really been drawn back to yet. If I want to listen to that era / style of Nick Cave, I'd just always choose The Boatman's Call.

I will try again though!

1 minute ago, PDAD said:

Haha, I will have to give it another go. As I say, there's a lot of correlation with how much I have listened to the albums. That's just not one I've ever really been drawn back to yet. If I want to listen to that era / style of Nick Cave, I'd just always choose The Boatman's Call.

I will try again though!

That was my first album and introduction, 15 feet of pure white snow with Jarvis Cocker in the video.