Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Mentioned in the new music thread but yeah, really brilliant. A clear continuation of the sound from Skeleton Tree (and Push the Sky Away) but no less gripping and haunting. Gonna be playing the hell out of this and fingers crossed for another tour date near me, especially if rumours of him packing it in are true.

Not too sure where it leaves him in likelihood of appearing at Glastonbury. Moreso than ever, it doesn’t really seem like mass crowd pleasing stuff, but of course I hope that’s not an issue and he’s booked anyway.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Mentioned in the new music thread but yeah, really brilliant. A clear continuation of the sound from Skeleton Tree (and Push the Sky Away) but no less gripping and haunting. Gonna be playing the hell out of this and fingers crossed for another tour date near me, especially if rumours of him packing it in are true.

Not too sure where it leaves him in likelihood of appearing at Glastonbury. Moreso than ever, it doesn’t really seem like mass crowd pleasing stuff, but of course I hope that’s not an issue and he’s booked anyway.

I think those rumours are totally unfounded to be honest. Anyone that follows the Red Hand Files can see how passionate he is still about writing, recording and performing. 

I often advocate for him in the sub slot, but I don't think this material would work there so got to be Other innit. Of course if I'm unsuccessful on Sunday I want him nowhere near the farm...

50 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Would be a bit of a waste for me personally. Nick on Other would be LCD Soundsystem 2016 levels of greatness. 

Pyramid headliner aside, that would obviously be the perfect place for him on the farm, but doesn’t really seem like the kind of act they’d book to headline it going off the last decade or so of Other headliners. Also, he’d definitely be on at the same time as Swifty so no dice!

Giving it a go now. It's alright, yeah. I know I'm an awkward cuss, but this recent trilogy really isn't my favourite. I couldn't get on with 'Push the Sky Away' at all, and found the Skeleton Tree a record I played a couple of times when it was released and never returned to. On first listen, this is better than both of those, but still not for me.

My 5 fave NC albums (in no particular order)

Boatmans Call

Henry's Dream

Murder Ballads

Nocturama

Grinderman

Edited by Mardy
grammar meltdown

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought that with Skeleton Tree, but then he played Notts arena and he had the whole place rocking. I know it's a slightly different kettle of fish but there's typicwlly a lot of Cave fans at Glastonbury and I reckon he'd still pull off a sub slot.

Other headliner would be fantastic, though.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, lighthouse said:

This is the most beautiful thing I’ve heard this year.

Cave and his Bad Seeds better bring some analogue synths when going on tour. 

I'd go further in saying it's one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard. It really reminds me of the score he did for The Road, which was tragically, also about a terminal father-son relationship. 

Edited by glastofun