Nick Cave

Midnight Man

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Where have you seen that?

Through someone, who knows someone who works at Nick Cave's record label. Tour next year, which will apparently be his last. 

One of those things that is a bit tenuous but they have no reason to lie. 

Edited by Guy Incognito

I can definitely see it. He’s 62, and i reckon he might knock touring on the head. Not stop playing live completely, but just do the odd show here and there rather than full tours. Seems to me he’s a man who’s not short on self reflection and side projects so may well have decided to step off the album/tour treadmill a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nick Cave not touring is one of the most inconceivable and not visible things ever. Have you not watched any of his docufilms? I would venture not.

This. Also his renewed love of performing and engaging with audiences is one of his most popular themes on The Red Hand Files. He talks about it a lot.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Superscally said:

He's also talked about reincarnating Grinderman. No way he doesn't tour that. No way he ends all touring with Grinderman. 

Another good point. Did occur to me he might play the UK less now he lives in LA though, but can't see him stopping for a good while yet.

Either way Glasto 2020 is nailed on. So I probably won't get a bastard ticket.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Another good point. Did occur to me he might play the UK less now he lives in LA though, but can't see him stopping for a good while yet.

Either way Glasto 2020 is nailed on. So I probably won't get a bastard ticket.

I don't think he lives there full time, yet, does he? I certainly saw him by his gaff in Brighton last April...

I'm a bit alarmed that Glastonbury 2020 is starting to look like my ultimate wishlist. 

I've not seen Nick Cave at Glastonbury and it's definitely very high on my list. One of those acts where i feel Glastonbury would make it that bit more special. Pyramid sub before Taylor in my wildest dreams™ although headlining the Other would be an LCD moment.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I don't think he lives there full time, yet, does he? I certainly saw him by his gaff in Brighton last April...

I thought he moved earlier this year but could be wrong. Pretty sure I read interview that said that.

57 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm a bit alarmed that Glastonbury 2020 is starting to look like my ultimate wishlist. 

I've not seen Nick Cave at Glastonbury and it's definitely very high on my list. One of those acts where i feel Glastonbury would make it that bit more special. Pyramid sub before Taylor in my wildest dreams™ although headlining the Other would be an LCD moment.

And yeah I'm a bit alarmed at how good the options are looking. Cave, Bon Iver, Pet Shop Boys, Thom Yorke... something has got to give. Probably me getting a ticket.

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I thought he moved earlier this year but could be wrong. Pretty sure I read interview that said that.

And yeah I'm a bit alarmed at how good the options are looking. Cave, Bon Iver, Pet Shop Boys, Thom Yorke... something has got to give. Probably me getting a ticket.

Positivity. That’s my mantra for the next 12 days. You’ll be there!

I think Nick Cave very well could be too! 

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So sad why he felt he had to, but can fully get it. 

Ticket fear massive.