Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Never used the abbreviation OMG before but I've just heard We Came Among This Road for the first time, fairly new to Mr Cave having got in to him during the 2013 run up and am sinced hooked, can't believe he passed me by for so long

One of my favourites!

There is a £30 edition of the Sick Bag song book coming out, might get it.

Just got in from work and Mrs scruff is listening to my vinyl copy of Abbatoir Blues.

All on her own without me putting it on or owt!!!

Just need to catch her listening to some of my waits of her own accord and I'll know she's truly the one for me!!

*sigh* to meet such a woman.....

He's got be the most money grabbing artist out there.

£30 for a book? Fuck off Nick.

I've been thinking this but I didn't know if I was missing the point. It's just doodles and poems and stuff as well ain't it? Dunno what the price of the reading and Q&A thing is but most authors do that for free. Seems w*nky as hell.

He's got be the most money grabbing artist out there.

£30 for a book? Fuck off Nick.

How much is a hardback book? Especially one with full colour photo pages. £15-£20? This one comes with an ebook version. And an unabridged audiobook read by Nick Cave.

Seems kinda worth it.

It's shit this working where you've actually got to do something isn't it :sarcastic:

I've had the same since end of January. Don't manage to check half as much as I used to. Bloody employers, expecting productivity for their money!

It's crap. I've moved offices, more open plan, and got IE11 so can't quote or paste on posts. Still, it pays the bills and keeps me off the streets.

edit: MrsCJ is the woman for me. Just bought me The Good Son on vinyl for an anniversary.

Edited by carlosj

Thought you were just backtracking at first cos she'd seen what you wrote earlier.

What happens on eFestivals, stays on eFestivals....

Paraphrasing George Thorogood, 'I geek alone'. MrsCJ comes to gigs (even after that strange woman at the Hop) but she prefers not to join me at Glastonbury. Given how much my cousin snores in the van, she's right there.

Edited by carlosj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some film something about 20,000 days on earth premieres on channel 4 next week. Thought you lot might want to know. How bloody nice am I?

Edited by jeffie

I ended up selling my RAH ticket to go to Primavera festival instead. Nick's one of my all time favorites, but I figured a whole festival is better, and i've seen him already.

Those shows do look great though. As a huge 'Let Love In' fan (possibly favorite album of all time), I was really excited about hearing 'Nobody's Baby' 'I Let Love In' and 'Lay Me Low'. If he plays all 3 in RAH, I'll be gutted... if he only does one like yesterday, I think I'll be quite happy with my choice of going to the festival instead.