Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Ok fuck it here are my top ten songs, going to try and cover all moods.

When I first came to town

I let love in

Oh my Lord

Jubilee street

Your funeral my trial

Mercy

Loverman

John Finns wife

Babe you turn me on

The mercy seat

Ugh so many missed out....

Nice! That's a hot top 10. I'd have a few of those myself. Jubilee Street, I presume you mean the live version, though? Does that still qualify?

Oh My Lord totally deserves to be in there. LOVE that song.

I could try and do a top 10 songs tomorrow but it will be bloody hard and require some strenuous concentration.

Nice! That's a hot top 10. I'd have a few of those myself. Jubilee Street, I presume you mean the live version, though? Does that still qualify?

Oh My Lord totally deserves to be in there. LOVE that song.

I could try and do a top 10 songs tomorrow but it will be bloody hard and require some strenuous concentration.

Damn I was fully expecting a slating for that list! I've got the afternoon off and spent the last few hours lying in the sun listening to my iPod trying to figure the list out. Happy days!

Ideally the live version but I like the record version too, just played it for the first in a while. It's ace

Ok fuck it here are my top ten songs, going to try and cover all moods.

When I first came to town

I let love in

Oh my Lord

Jubilee street

Your funeral my trial

Mercy

Loverman

John Finns wife

Babe you turn me on

The mercy seat

Ugh so many missed out....

Like it. Very different from mine which just goes to show you never will please all the people all the time when you've got such a stonking back catalogue!

Here's my top ten songs, had a shortlist of about 20 but these are ones which mean more to me.

Do you love me

Mercy Seat

Stranger than Kindness

Into My arms

I had a Dream Joe

I let love in

The Good Son

Jack the Ripper

Avalanche

Get Ready For Love

on short list-

and no more shall we part

o children

cabin fever

jubilee street

where the wild roses grow

I like it but not a patch on the original.

Is the original the Dylan version on 'Down in the Groove'? I've not listened to that for years, think I bought that abum maybe 25 years ago and have listened to it less than half a dozen times. And definitely not in the last, oooh, 21 years for sure. Remember that being the best song on it though.

When I first came to town one of mine too. Conway's vocals are sublime.

Listened to NMSWP, murder ballads and PTSA on my travels today. Made the motorways a tad more bearable.

mmHgonmmHglyonthat.neighbor

you ever heard any of conway's solo stuff? It's alright.

Edited by russycarps

I haven't. I'll investigate tomorrow. Love his voice.

He's done 3 or 4 albums I think, I've only been able to track down one though.

On one of the albums I don't have there is a 7 min version of when I first came to town with just him singing it. I am desperate hear it but failed to find it years ago. You've inspired me to try again!

Just been reading a bit. You probably know this but he sings lead vocals on the b side to wild roses.

is that the willow garden? It's on the b-sides album if so. If it's not, I need to find it immediately, ta!

You should get that b-sides album if you havent already though, it's well ace

Edited by russycarps

That title does ring a bell so think it must be. No I haven't and yes I should.

Been that hung up on buying vinyl recently other media have been neglected and you don't come across much affordable cave vinyl other than new stuff. Got that live at krcw one and ptsa last year.

Yeh I googled and that is the one. It's a very nice song indeed (better than the A-side thats for sure).

Ah yeh, I forgot about your vinyl obsession. I'm very envious but also very glad I've never started doing it myself. I cant afford the crippling costs!

Also I wouldnt know where on earth to start my collection.

Cave, bowie and waits would be my "must haves". Plus some of the 60s/70s cohen. You could probably buy a car with what all that would cost I suspect.

Edited by russycarps

Okay guys, here it is, my entirely subject-to-change-and-in-no-particular-order top 10 of Cave songs:

From Her To Eternity

As I Sat Sadly By Her Side

Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For?

Higgs Boson Blues

Oh My Lord

Green Eyes

Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum

New Morning

Babe, I'm On Fire

Straight To You

I don't even want to look at it as I regret all the omissions already... and it's totally non-reflective of my favourite albums, as it really should have everything off Tender Prey and NMSWP on there as well... which would, of course, be impossible.

Close contenders on the B-list:

City Of Refuge

We Call Upon The Author

There She Goes My Beautiful World

Good Good Day

Come Into My Sleep

Stranger Than Kindness

Lay Me Low

Nobody's Baby Now

Grief Came Riding

Babe, You Turn Me On

Supernaturally

Sheep May Safely Graze

I could go on...

Okay guys, here it is, my entirely subject-to-change-and-in-no-particular-order top 10 of Cave songs:

From Her To Eternity

As I Sat Sadly By Her Side

Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For?

Higgs Boson Blues

Oh My Lord

Green Eyes

Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum

New Morning

Babe, I'm On Fire

Straight To You

I don't even want to look at it as I regret all the omissions already... and it's totally non-reflective of my favourite albums, as it really should have everything off Tender Prey and NMSWP on there as well... which would, of course, be impossible.

Close contenders on the B-list:

City Of Refuge

We Call Upon The Author

There She Goes My Beautiful World

Good Good Day

Come Into My Sleep

Stranger Than Kindness

Lay Me Low

Nobody's Baby Now

Grief Came Riding

Babe, You Turn Me On

Supernaturally

Sheep May Safely Graze

I could go on...

very nice indeed, I could definitely have a lot of those in my list (apart from babe I'm on fire of course). New morning and green eyes were the biggest surprises to see.

Higgs is forever ruined for my because of those fucking americans sniggering at the miley cyrus bit on that live album

• Upvote 1

very nice indeed, I could definitely have a lot of those in my list (apart from babe I'm on fire of course). New morning and green eyes were the biggest surprises to see.

Higgs is forever ruined for my because of those fucking americans sniggering at the miley cyrus bit on that live album

Thanks! I love those two songs, although probably prefer the live version of "New Morning" on Live Seeds if pushed. Oh yeah, those fucking Americans. Dickheads. It's an awesome song though and was such a highlight on the tour.

Yeah but you're a girl. Girls like Kylie. No shock here.

True. Every day I wake up and wish I was her. Although I must admit I always thought boys liked Kylie too, if for slightly different reasons...

just do it for gods sake, we put ourselves through the pain, now you can too

What he said. Man the fuck up.