Push The Sky Away = Abattoir Blues >

Your Funeral My Trial >

Boatman's Call = No More Shall We Part >

Good Son >

The Firstborn Is Dead >

Murder Ballads>

From Here To Eternity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nocturama

That is hard and I'm not even sure I agree. Seems wrong to be putting albums as good as Murder Ballads and FHTE near the bottom of lists.

Not listened to Kicking against the Pricks or Dig Lazarus Dig sufficiently to include them.

GET OUT!

Henry's Dream = Tender Prey >

Let Love In >

Your Funeral My Trial >

Batman's Call = No More Shall We Part >

Good Son >

The Firstborn Is Dad >

Murder Ballads>

Nocturama

That is hard and I'm not even sure I agree. Seems wrong to be putting albums as good as Murder Ballads and FHTE near the bottom of lists.

Not listened to Kicking against the Pricks or Dig Lazarus Dig sufficiently to include them.

FFS!

• Upvote 1

John's Dream = Tender Prey >

Let Love In >

Your Funeral My Trial >

Boatman's Call = No More Shall We Part >

Good Son >

The Firstborn Is Dead >

Murder Ballads>

Kid A

oh jesus

I agree really about push the sky, especially after seeing quite a few of the songs live, when they were so much better. I hardly ever play it now, and when I do I skip a fair few.

I have bootlegs that are much better so listen to them if I want to hear the songs, and the jubilee street from the Glastonbury rip is better than the album version by a mile

The live Jubilee Street would be in my top ten Nick Cave tracks, the Push The Sky Away version wouldn't.

I just haven't got into PTSA at all. I think it's trying too hard to not be a NCATBS album.

Top ten songs - subject to constant change of course - now there's a challenge...

Maybe if you spent more time working (or even doing your own list) instead of scrutinising others' posts for little typos, you'd make something of yourself!!

My list will be worth the wait, trust me.

The live Jubilee Street would be in my top ten Nick Cave tracks, the Push The Sky Away version wouldn't.

I just haven't got into PTSA at all. I think it's trying too hard to not be a NCATBS album.

Top ten songs - subject to constant change of course - now there's a challenge...

Top 10 songs? It cannae be done.

Finishing Jubilee Street is a horrendous idea for a song, I hate that it's on the album.

Top 10 songs would make our brains implode with the effort.

Edited by russycarps

10 songs, in no particular order and straight of thetop of my head. Not considered or revised, just the first 10 I think of...

Papa won't leave you henry

west country girl

I'm on Fire

The weeping song

The curse of milhaven

god is in the house

are you the one

the mercy seat

people ain't no good

Do you love me

bubbling under:

Into your arms

lime tree arbour

the ship song

Oh no-one jumps all over mardy and his into your arms but the scruff makes one little typo....

hardly anybody reads my posts, and them that do don't expect any degree of accuracy ))

There's the difference, Scruffs

10 songs, in no particular order and straight of thetop of my head. Not considered or revised, just the first 10 I think of...

Papa won't leave you henry

west country girl

I'm on Fire

The weeping song

The curse of milhaven

god is in the house

are you the one

the mercy seat

people ain't no good

Do you love me

bubbling under:

Into your arms

lime tree arbour

the ship song

Similarly...

People ain't no good

Hallelujah

Lime tree arbour

Henry Lee

Midnight Man

There She Goes

Tupelo

Deanna

Papa won't leave you, Henry

Cannibal's Hymn

(bubbling under Lucy, Mercy Seat, Into My Arms.etc.etc)

If I could only save one from the waves, it would probably be Lime tree arbour - pretty much the perfect Nick Cave song, for me.

Okay, I've come up with my list. I've added in Live Seeds and B-Sides & Rarities because I like these a lot more than some of the other actual albums. It was a very hard task so I've just gone with my gut instinct on this one and rated them pretty much by how much I listen to them. I feel terrible about some of the placings, so go ahead and make me feel worse...

Tender Prey

No More Shall We Part

B-Sides & Rarities

The Boatman’s Call

Push The Sky Away

Let Love In

Live Seeds

Henry’s Dream

Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpehus

Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!

From Her To Eternity

The Good Son

Nocturama

Your Funeral… My Trial

The Firstborn Is Dead

Murder Ballads

Kicking Against The Pricks

here's mine

Tender Prey

Henrys Dream

Your Funeral My Trial

Let Love In

Boatmans Call

From Her To Eternity

The Good Son

No More Shall We Part

Abattoir Blues/Lyre

Murder Ballads

The Firstborn is Dead

Push The Sky Away

Nocturama

Dig Lazarus Dig

Kicking Pricks

I dont mind lazarus, but just never ever play it.

edit: the good son seems way too high actually...I dont like the studio version of the songs much, esp. ship song, but on live seeds it's wondrous

Edited by russycarps

here's mine

Tender Prey

Henrys Dream

Your Funeral My Trial

Let Love In

Boatmans Call

From Her To Eternity

The Good Son

No More Shall We Part

Abattoir Blues/Lyre

Murder Ballads

The Firstborn is Dead

Push The Sky Away

Nocturama

Dig Lazarus Dig

Kicking Pricks

I dont mind lazarus, but just never ever play it.

edit: the good son seems way too high actually...I dont like the studio version of the songs much, esp. ship song, but on live seeds it's wondrous

Nice list. It's a fucking impossible task, really. I reckon my positioning would change on a daily basis. I've not even confident about the order of my top two.

Nice list. It's a fucking impossible task, really. I reckon my positioning would change on a daily basis. I've not even confident about the order of my top two.

Yeh it all depends on your mood at the time I guess. I'm not even sure tender prey is the one I play most, but it just feels like it should be number 1. I dunno.

All I know for sure is that I prefer all of his albums to a Tim Rice west end musical.

Yeh it all depends on your mood at the time I guess. I'm not even sure tender prey is the one I play most, but it just feels like it should be number 1. I dunno.

All I know for sure is that I prefer all of his albums to a Tim Rice west end musical.

Yeah, I agree. I suppose I just think Tender Prey is the most perfectly complete piece of work, if you know what I mean.

Kind of surprised everyone is putting Murder Ballads so low, it would be near the top of my list.

It's always been one of my least favourites for some reason. Don't get me wrong; it's an amazing piece of work. I think I just prefer the more traditional Bad Seeds stuff and this feels a bit concept album-y to me.

Kind of surprised everyone is putting Murder Ballads so low, it would be near the top of my list.

The kindness of strangers would be close to my top ten songs, but the appearance of Kylie, the awful o'malleys bar and the pretty dreadful death is not the end means it's always low down on my list

The kindness of strangers would be close to my top ten songs, but the appearance of Kylie, the awful o'malleys bar and the pretty dreadful death is not the end means it's always low down on my list

I like Death Is Not The End and O'Malley's Bar. However, Henry Lee and Where The Wild Roses Grow are both massively over-played in my opinion.

I love Kylie though and can't wait to see her in the film...