Nick Cave

Midnight Man

• 2 weeks later...

Nick's on the cover of the new Mojo. 10 page feature on the last tour with plenty of words from the man himself. Nothing revelatory but interesting enough. They list the Bad Seeds' 5 best albums as Tender Prey, Let Love In, Boatman's Call, Abbatoir/Lyre and PTSA (I'd probably agree, save NMSWP for Boatman). Free CD of tracks chosen by the Seeds too.

• Upvote 1

Nick's on the cover of the new Mojo. 10 page feature on the last tour with plenty of words from the man himself. Nothing revelatory but interesting enough. They list the Bad Seeds' 5 best albums as Tender Prey, Let Love In, Boatman's Call, Abbatoir/Lyre and PTSA (I'd probably agree, save NMSWP for Boatman). Free CD of tracks chosen by the Seeds too.

Thank you! :D

Just what I needed to take me out of the post-Christmas misery slump. I'd agree with you on those albums, I think, although maybe I'd swap out ABB/LOO for something else? Perhaps I'd have Boatman's Call AND NMSWP. I dunno, I'm hopeless at lists.

Bit of Nick Cave reading certainly wouldn't go amiss right now though.

It's a tough one isn't it? I love AB/LOO, despite its slightly ridiculous acronym, but I don't listen to it much. Some great tunes on it though, especially LOO, and it was the first album I saw live. A lot of folks round here would be incensed by the lack of Henry's Dream on that list but I don't think it's worthy personally. Going to stick with my original answer.

PTSA should definitely be top five though - it is a very fine album and one of their very best for sure. I like it more every time.

From Her To Eternity is ace but kind of immature as an album I think in places. By Tender Prey they've found their feet in a big way and so it's my absolute favourite, followed closely by NMSWP and then I get a bit stuck for the order. However, From Her To Eternity is my favourite song so it's complicated.

Basically, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds flipping rule.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

nice one, I will buy that, ta for the heads up.

As for top 5, I've looked at the amount of plays on my ipod and the most played, so I guess my most favourite, are..

Henry's Dream

Tender Prey

Your Funeral, My Trial

Let Love In

The Good Son (how is this 5th!)

(assuming I cant have the Live Seeds or Bsides album albums, because they are my 1 and 2 most played!)

Edited by russycarps

I think we at least need mention of Dig Lazarus Dig here. Better than AB/LOO for my money.

Lazarus is my least favourite of all their albums. Still a good album though.

Great thing about Nick cave is everyone's top 5 will be different as he's so consistently ace

Edited by russycarps

Yeah I subscribe, I think it's easily the best mag out there. There's not usually much delay before it's on the shelves. You'll have your goodies soon!

Cheers :D Just being impatient! I don't usually buy music mags unless Himself is involved...

martpol, good call on Lazarus. I do love that album too, although not sure which I'd rate as the best between the two. 'We Call Upon The Author To Explain' though has to be one of my favourite Cave tracks. Prolix! Prolix! Nothing a pair of scissors can't fix...