Nick Cave

Midnight Man

wow what a sensational gig!

blew glastonbury away I'd say. Higgs Boson Blues was even better than I dared hope. They defo should have played that in June.

Far From Me too! Wasnt expecting that one.

Jubilee Street will remain in their sets forever I reckon. Mermaids was way better live than on record too. The only one of the new stuff I'm not so keen on is We Real Cool.

Highlights for me were From Her To Eternity and Higgs I'd say.

I even enjoyed love letter, even though its my least favourite of his ballads.

New one sounded good, need to read the lyrics.

Gutted to have sold my ticket for tonight, but I feel awful today so probably for the best!

I was in the toff-filled blue anchor beforehand

Not sure wtf rebecca was doing writhing around on the floor, but each to their own I guess.

setlist looks about right.

1. Encore:
Edited by russycarps

Glad to see I have secured myself such a glowing reputation on these boards...

I hardly slept a wink. Buzzing - and not just my ears! I'm looking forward to tonight though. I've decided on balance not to go again tomorrow though.

What Russy says is right: better than Glasto, Higgs and Eternity clearly the highlights.

In fact he was all over the boys last night. Ladies didn't get a look-in for Mr Cave's attentions.

Prepare to be confused Scruffy.

That's no surprise, surely. Everyone knows he'd

crawl over fifty good pussies just to get one fat boy's asshole

I know I chat a lot of shit and hyperbole but I think that's possibly the best gig I've ever seen. I'm 30 years old, I've been to a lot of gigs and I've been to a lot of Nick Cave gigs but that - that - was just phenomenal. Absolutely on another plain. From Her To Eternity buried me alive and dug me up again. Really thinking of going Monday as well even though I know it's mental.

It was better than Glasto. If Koko tops that I may not live to tell the tale.

That is all.

Glad to hear that. I thought it was awesome! I wasn't after validation, but I haven't been to many of their gigs, and didn't know if they were always so shit-hot. Even with phones held up in front of him, Nick seemed in a great mood, and the wondrous beard didn't disappoint either.

Sounding a bit bitter and jealous there. No wonderx you were in tears and paddying.

Yep, hope you're better today RebeccaD ;-)

He was surrounded by young men last night, with that requester's hand on his chest for 'can you feel my heart' You've no chance SLM if you're older lol

I may be older but my dashing youthful looks mean I pass for nineteen.

More likely stones than years these days unfortunately.

dean

Lol. I'm with you on that physiological issue.

They were awesome tonight as well, although I'd say Saturday just edged it for me: better spot, better crowd around me, better energy levels on my part. A good thing really as otherwise I'd be really tempted to do a triple bill.

Notable additions: Papa Won't Leave You, Henry (a definite highlight, even though it put my jaw out!), Into My Arms, People Ain't No Good and God Is In The House. He also dedicated PTSA to Lou Reed. We Real Cool came into its own tonight also I reckon. Stagger Lee, Higgs Boson Blues and From Her To Eternity were all just as good, although he totally fucked up the lyrics to Hiding All Away! Still no Nobody's Baby Now.

I saw more dickheads with iphones tonight now, which was a shame. Incredible gig though and very happy with that result.

Bring on Koko! :)

Edited by RebeccaD

Great stuff, nice selection of slow ones tonight. Thanks fir the swift report I hoped you would!

Forgot West Country Girl also! That was ace. Most of the slow songs came together in a little mid-section so it felt like he was down in the crowd a little less.

I expect a full report of tomorrow from you in return! Reckon you might get some different ones. Was so, so tempted to go tomorrow earlier today but I'm just knackered and still don't think it will top Saturday. Koko might and probably will.

You're right about Higgs Boson Blues - why the fuck didn't he play that on the Pyramid? Would have been incredible; I can't get enough of that one right now.

Can't quite accept a life where I don't hear FHTE live every night either. Hopefully once more at least!

Into my arms is one I was hoping he wouldn't play so there'd be more chance of it on Wednesday. That and where do we go..... Would be my first choice of slow ones.

You might still get it. I hope you do and Papa Won't Leave You, Henry. (Because I'm a nice person - despite the slanderous accusations of floor-writhing and shoe-throwing!)

I still really want Are You The One... And Nobody's Baby Now. And Watching Alice. I'm sure one of you will get one of them!

I sweated and cried more of my make-up off yesterday so it was definitely the better gig.

Lime tree arbour was also on that printed set list from Brighton...happy days ahead.

I reckon into my arms will be back again come Wed. Babe you turn me on I reckon for tomorrow. I dare not hope for watching Alice, I think that will be saved for koko...

I'll report on here asap phone battery permitting!

Ah, Babe You Turn Me On - I want that too! And Lime Tree Arbour. Too many good songs, not enough time. But yeah Watching Alice has Koko written all over it. It's a real 'fan favourite'.

The great thing about seeing Cave, as I was saying to my friend yesterday, is that it literally doesn't matter what he plays cos it's all fucking great.

Tried to get a setlist myself tonight but to no avail.

Impressive stuff tonight, FHTE was monumental. Some people in the audience hit new heights of idiocy, going off to get a beer when they start playing Higgs Boson Blues is my fav.

Think I might have seen someone do that - perhaps I was near you.

The most annoying git for me was the one taking photos over my head during PTSA so all I could hear was the click of his camera phone. Nice. Had better people around me yesterday by a mile.

I like it when Nick referenced the camera phone thing during Red Right Hand 'on your tiny screen, I'm begging you to turn it off' and 'don't like that shit camera you came with? He'll get you a better one'. I think it narks him so will be interesting to see how it goes at Koko with the request to use them minimally.