Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Wow fuck watching Alice, nobody's baby now, babe you turn me on are new fire this tour I'm sure of it. Great to see they've been rehearsed. Stranger than kindness looks to be part of the main set too....

Sensational times await

What was the high light??

Didn't even see those on first read! There's way more old/obscure stuff than I expected. Wonder if he'll mix it up more than we expect?

I know it's the first song in the set (and the whole thing was amazing!) but I fucking love Jubilee Street and it gives me goosebumps live. My buddy lost her shit for nobodies baby now

I can understand why! I bloody love that song. How was Stranger Than Kindness? I'm really excited about that one.

Yeah jubilee street is monstrous live. Can that set list is more than I dared hope for.

Gutted for Rebecca losing eternity, but it'll be back, where tupelo is I reckon

At least I saw it at Glastonbury :) It was so good then as well. And I think you're right - it will be at the Koko gig if nothing else as it will be perfect for that small setting.

You watch, he'll play it on Monday for your gig now!

Oh my God I am beyond excited. I almost didn't want to know the setlist so I could be surprised but I can't bloody help myself.

Is it on setlist.fm yet? As Dave said the physical list is not exactly accurate?

At least I saw it at Glastonbury :) It was so good then as well. And I think you're right - it will be at the Koko gig if nothing else as it will be perfect for that small setting.

You watch, he'll play it on Monday for your gig now!

Oh my God I am beyond excited. I almost didn't want to know the setlist so I could be surprised but I can't bloody help myself.

Is it on setlist.fm yet? As Dave said the physical list is not exactly accurate?

hahaha, no as it stands this is a Nick Cave thread exclusive :)

He's definitely shaken it up since then. Really surprised there's so little PTSA in last night's gig given that he's not toured it in this country yet. Makes me wonder if the Brighton gig was actually a bit of a 'special' one like Koko will be? It was announced separately to the rest of the tour wasn't it?

That said, they've obviously practised a shitload of stuff so we could get anything!

He's definitely shaken it up since then. Really surprised there's so little PTSA in last night's gig given that he's not toured it in this country yet. Makes me wonder if the Brighton gig was actually a bit of a 'special' one like Koko will be? It was announced separately to the rest of the tour wasn't it?

That said, they've obviously practised a shitload of stuff so we could get anything!

ah I didnt realise it was announced separately. You may well be right then. Gutted if so.....

Really want to see watching alice

Edited by russycarps

ah I didnt realise it was announced separately. You may well be right then. Gutted if so.....

Really want to see watching alice

Don't be gutted! Reckon we'll definitely get Watching Alice at Koko.

It's so hard to predict Cave setlists isn't it? He's been playing nothing from Lazarus (I think) and most artists would always throw in songs from the last album.

Someone's just posted this as last night's setlist - Eternity's back in - is this accurate Dave?

The other list had a shitload of ballads and would have been extraordinary.

However, if that's the list they're selecting from, then every night at Hammersmith is going to be different - hang on to your receding hairlines...

Don't be gutted! Reckon we'll definitely get Watching Alice at Koko.

It's so hard to predict Cave setlists isn't it? He's been playing nothing from Lazarus (I think) and most artists would always throw in songs from the last album.

yeh I guess. I wish I hadnt sold that sunday ticket now though...

I'm glad he's ditched lazarus. It's defo my least favourite album of his.