Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Thanks Rebecca

would of been straight into Amsterdam if it was Paradiso, my favourite place. Need to look at pennies but think we should just go for it anyway.

Options are:-

London

Glasgow

Edinburgh

Amsterdam

Stockholm

Hamburg

Munich

Dusseldorf

Luxemburg

Antwerp

Would of gone for Stockholm if not so close to that horrible word (Christmas)

Ha, I hear you - dreading the C word too!

Well if money's tight and you're not going already then London is a good option. But if it were me I'd use the opportunity to go somewhere new so Germany, Luxembourg, Amsterdam... Depends where you've been really. Paris probably cheapest 'abroad' option?

I'd love to see a band in a different country, particularly Nick, just to see how it would differ. Only been to one festival in Ireland and I suspect the crowd there was quite like a British one.

Think we'll probably do Edinburg due to pennies and make a weekend of it. If had a bit more notice would go further afield. 2 fixes in a week is good tho.

Saw Mr Cave at Primavera which was different but special. Best one for me is Paradiso in Amsterdam, all new bands festival called London calling

New album announcement today - 'Live from KCRW', and will be out on December 2nd in the UK.

"Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds remain the coolest, baddest motherfuckers in town, no question." - NME

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds announce the release of a new album - 'Live from KCRW'. The fourth official live album in the group's history, it features a stripped-down line-up performing classic Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds material alongside four songs from their recent global hit album 'Push The Sky Away'.

Due for release on December 2nd (29th November for US for Black Friday), the recordings were made earlier this year at a live KCRW session at Apogee Studio in Los Angeles. The session was recorded by Bob Clearmountain on April 18, between their two Coachella appearances.

'Live from KCRW' will be released on CD, download and double vinyl formats. The vinyl edition features two additional exclusive, un-broadcasted live recordings from the session, 'Into my Arms' and 'God is in the House'.

Watch the trailer here.

The album will also be available as a digital deluxe bundle with 'Push The Sky Away'.

'Live from KCRW' album line-up:

Nick Cave:

Piano, vocals

Warren Ellis:

Tenor guitar, violin, piano, loops, backing vocals

Martyn Casey:

Bass

Jim Sclavunos:

Percussion, drums, backing vocals

Barry Adamson:

Organ, backing vocals

'Live from KCRW' album track listing:

1. Higgs Boson Blues

2. Far From Me

3. Stranger Than Kindness

4. The Mercy Seat

5. And No More Shall We Part

6. Wide Lovely Eyes

7. Mermaids

8. People Ain't No Good

9. Into My Arms (limited vinyl only)

10. God Is In The House (limited vinyl only)

11. Push The Sky Away

12. Jack The Ripper

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have also received 6 ARIA nominations for 'Push The Sky Away' including Best Live Act, Album of the Year, Best Group, Best Independent Release & Best Vidoe (for 'Jubilee Street')

Edited by carlosj

New album announcement today - 'Live from KCRW', and will be out on December 2nd in the UK.

"Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds remain the coolest, baddest motherfuckers in town, no question." - NME

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds announce the release of a new album - 'Live from KCRW'. The fourth official live album in the group's history, it features a stripped-down line-up performing classic Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds material alongside four songs from their recent global hit album 'Push The Sky Away'.

Due for release on December 2nd (29th November for US for Black Friday), the recordings were made earlier this year at a live KCRW session at Apogee Studio in Los Angeles. The session was recorded by Bob Clearmountain on April 18, between their two Coachella appearances.

'Live from KCRW' will be released on CD, download and double vinyl formats. The vinyl edition features two additional exclusive, un-broadcasted live recordings from the session, 'Into my Arms' and 'God is in the House'.

Watch the trailer here.

The album will also be available as a digital deluxe bundle with 'Push The Sky Away'.

Nick Cave:

Piano, vocals

Warren Ellis:

Martyn Casey:

Bass

Jim Sclavunos:

Barry Adamson:

Organ, backing vocals

1. Higgs Boson Blues

7. Mermaids

2. Far From Me

8. People Ain't No Good

4. The Mercy Seat

11. Push The Sky Away

6. Wide Lovely Eyes

12. Jack The Ripper

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have also received 6 ARIA nominations for 'Push The Sky Away' including Best Live Act, Album of the Year, Best Group, Best Independent Release & Best Vidoe (for 'Jubilee Street')

Cheers carlosj - not heard about this! Why is the tracklisting all squiffy though?

Watch the trailer here.

Nick Cave:

Piano, vocals

Warren Ellis:

Martyn Casey:

Bass

Jim Sclavunos:

Barry Adamson:

Organ, backing vocals

1. Higgs Boson Blues

7. Mermaids

2. Far From Me

8. People Ain't No Good

4. The Mercy Seat

11. Push The Sky Away

6. Wide Lovely Eyes

12. Jack The Ripper

lovely stuff. No stagger lee or jubliee street on it though is surprising

Cheers carlosj - not heard about this! Why is the tracklisting all squiffy though?

Sorry, I edited it, and then the tabled tracklisting became a list. Never noticed it until you said. Squiffy, like my eyesight. I need to go home :-)

For some reason Nick Cave managed to escape my attention. My wife bought Abattoir blues and I also have Push The Sky Away which I really like. Was blown away by his performance at Glastonbury and am really looking forward to tomorrow night in Brighton.

Would be grateful for some recommendations from the back catalogue.

Thanks

Lovely stuff.

I'm not going to remember a single thing about saturdays gig. Seeing a band on a saturday night is a rare treat

Indeed! I'm going to try not to get too drunk but my friends will be a bad influence as ever. Thankfully I can fill in the gaps on the Sunday. That's the beauty of going three times! Although the Koko gig will be one to remember.

Did you sell one of your tickets then?

Indeed! I'm going to try not to get too drunk but my friends will be a bad influence as ever. Thankfully I can fill in the gaps on the Sunday. That's the beauty of going three times! Although the Koko gig will be one to remember.

Did you sell one of your tickets then?

Yep, saturday is going to me a massive piss up and down the front, monday a 4 pinter and koko I will just have 1 pint I reckon.

Yeh, I have someone I am gonna sell the sunday one to. 3 nights in a row then the following sunday is too much!

Watch sunday be full of B sides and rarities now though....

Edited by russycarps

Yep, saturday is going to me a massive piss up and down the front, monday a 4 pinter and koko I will just have 1 pint I reckon.

Yeh, I have someone I am gonna sell the sunday one to. 3 nights in a row then the following sunday is too much!

Watch sunday be full of B sides and rarities now though....

Well, I'll let you know ;) It would be tempting to lie to you and say it was but I know you'd be on your setlist website like a shot.

The Koko thing is tricky. I'd like to stay relatively sober but you have to be in Camden between 3 and 6.30 to get a wristband. My mate and I will blatantly go straight to the pub afterwards.

Well, I'll let you know ;) It would be tempting to lie to you and say it was but I know you'd be on your setlist website like a shot.

The Koko thing is tricky. I'd like to stay relatively sober but you have to be in Camden between 3 and 6.30 to get a wristband. My mate and I will blatantly go straight to the pub afterwards.

I suspect the sat, sun and mon gigs will all be near enough the same, with only the piano-ballad changing. I dont really mind which of those I get...but yes, I will be all over my beloved setlist website so dont even think about any stitch ups!

You think the koko gig will be a standard 9pm start then?? I assumed it will be 7 or 7.30 tops. You think they will do more than one take of songs etc to make sure it's perfect? I havent really thought about it until this second really.

If any's gonna have B sides and rarities won't it be the Koko one? That's why I nearly thought of going there instead of Manchester.

Yep. Koko is gonna be the one that makes you weep into your frosties when you read about it on monday morning...