Nick Cave

Midnight Man

i fucking hate you nme.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their article said 10am onsale for Brighton, I like the cun* that I evidently am believed them and logged in to the Dome's website at 09:45 to find that standing and all the good seats are sold out.

ARSEHOLES! w*nkERS! HEATHENS!

I have written a horribly worded email of complaint demanding an apology and emailed it to every email address that was on their contacts page I am that annoyed lol :(

harsh lesson learnt: never ever ever ever trust those utter utter c**ts

• Upvote 1

ha I love Tupelo but have seen it so many times now! I'd happily ditch it for something rarer.

Water's Edge they played earlier in the year, but not since March it seems (same goes for stranger than kindness..)

I guess by October they will shake up the set list again so hopefully those ones will be back in the mix

True, it is a regular feature but few things beat the glory of Cave howling 'Big Black Cloud Come!!!' For me anyway.

Hope they mix it up between nights at Hammersmith too.

And the NME are utter c**ts. I did work experience there once so can confirm it.

Their article said 10am onsale for Brighton, I like the cun* that I evidently am believed them and logged in to the Dome's website at 09:45 to find that standing and all the good seats are sold out.

I have written a horribly worded email of complaint demanding an apology and emailed it to every email address that was on their contacts page I am that annoyed lol :(

EDIT: Apologies, tickets no longer appearing for me either!

Edited by GlastoSimon

To be fair to them (not that they usually deserve it) the good seats will have gone yesterday to those registered to Brighton Dome as members could get tickets yesterday before general sale today.

To be fair to them (not that they usually deserve it) the good seats will have gone yesterday to those registered to Brighton Dome as members could get tickets yesterday before general sale today.

Nah, there'd be an allocation for the presale with the remainder on sale today. They don't put ALL the tickets available in the presale.

Are you just away that week? Because I think the tour extends beyond that into the next one. Mind you, most dates will be sold out by now.

My instinct is that he probably will do some dates next year, even if it's just a couple of one-offs. When he's touring he seems to stay on the road for ages.

I'm away the full week, it needs to be a Manchester date as I'm not in a position to travel to see him.

If Glasto setlist is owt to go by (and I dunno if it is), Jubilee Street will be the second song so I'll still catch it.

More worrying for me is the risk of leaving it till then and them having none left. Having never been to a non-festival Nick cave gig, I don't know what the chances of that are.

I've never gone to a gig with the intention of buying a ticket off a tout and not got one. Never ever.

Admittedly I've never tried it with a Cave gig...

Keep checking gumtree is your best bet I reckon

Me neither, but I've been to gigs before where touts were only buying and not selling. Luckily I always had tickets.

I keep checking ebay and gumtree - this is just worse case scenario really. And can't really afford 90 quid which is what they are on rapeagogo at the minute.

What was face value Russy?

fucking hell, I just checked my emails and it was £88 for 2!!

what a robbing twat

If Glasto setlist is owt to go by (and I dunno if it is), Jubilee Street will be the second song so I'll still catch it.

More worrying for me is the risk of leaving it till then and them having none left. Having never been to a non-festival Nick cave gig, I don't know what the chances of that are.

Just make that an absolute last resort then and keep an eye on Twickets and Scarlet Mist (you can set an email reminder on that one I believe) in the meantime - there are sure to be some friendly non-scalping types who can't make it. There are London ones sitting on there now so even though it's a much bigger venue, Manchester ones will surely crop up at some point.

Like a tool, I totally missed the announcement of tickets going on sale.

From experience, can any of the Cavettes give an educated guess of how possible/expensive last minute tout tickets at Manchester will be.

Are there normally many about and if I turn up 5 mins before he's due to start, will they be ridiculously expensive?

Really don't want to resort to Viagogo/GetMeIn etc as to my mind they are worse than touts.

Checked ebay and can't see any on there at minute

When he did a little theatre gig in February the only touted ticket going was £300! Hence why I just stood outside all night looking hopeful and dying of hypothermia. The things I do for that man...

That was a tiny gig though and I'd say you'll easily get a ticket. That's the first time I've tried touts and not been successful.

Having said that, I did the unthinkable and bought a ticket for a second gig from Getmein. But I'd just got back from Glastonbury, was tired and emotional and convinced I'd witnessed some kind of religious experience during his set. That's my excuse anyway.

Was so lucky to get tickets for the Apollo in October, however I think I bought these pre Glastonbury.

But .... I will be seeing them on Thursday in France for the bargain price of 35euros for a day ticket to la route du rock festival. However, as we are on holiday in the area it would have been rude not to! Can't wait!!

Was so lucky to get tickets for the Apollo in October, however I think I bought these pre Glastonbury.

But .... I will be seeing them on Thursday in France for the bargain price of 35euros for a day ticket to la route du rock festival. However, as we are on holiday in the area it would have been rude not to! Can't wait!!

Wow that's good value! Are they headlining? Enjoy!

*not jealous at all*

Yes, they are headlining - I think it should be a good one with Local Natives, !!!, F..k Buttons also playing. So looking forward to this evening. It is a small festival but they do get some choice bands - we went for the full 3 days in 2010 to particularly see the Lips and the National - so a mini holiday and as overseas festivals do not start til late with headliners on about midnight, there is time for a bit of sightseeing. We went with Brittany Ferries as a package (think it is the same price this year) of return ferry, 3 day festival, shuttle buses and camping included for £149.

Hoping tonight will be the same as other overseas festivals with no rush to the front so I may get the 'girly vapours' being closer to Nick!!

A tip if you like the Lips and Dinosaur Junior - we are off to another small festival - Crammerock - in Belgium, this September for the princely sum of, I think, around 55 euros each for 2 days plus camping and £45 for the return ferry to Dunkirk and we get a day out in Bruges - overseas festivals are the way to go!

Ooh - what a brilliant gig - might have even topped Glastonbury for me - got some of my personal favourites and they were really going for it. Got some classic 'pointy moves' during Jubilee Street.

Ok - might not be in the right order, and I may have missed some and I am still a little tired but here goes -

We know who you are

Jubilee Street

From her to eternity

Tupelo

Deanna

Mermaids

The Mercy Seat

Love Letters

Higs Bosun Blues

Stagger Lee

Push the sky away

Pleased to say we were right on the barrier, centre and held him up on the rail for Tupelo, Higs Bosun and a knee in my face for Stagger Lee so a bit of a result there!

Ooh - what a brilliant gig - might have even topped Glastonbury for me - got some of my personal favourites and they were really going for it. Got some classic 'pointy moves' during Jubilee Street.

Ok - might not be in the right order, and I may have missed some and I am still a little tired but here goes -

We know who you are

Jubilee Street

From her to eternity

Tupelo

Deanna

Mermaids

The Mercy Seat

Love Letters

Higs Bosun Blues

Stagger Lee

Push the sky away

Pleased to say we were right on the barrier, centre and held him up on the rail for Tupelo, Higs Bosun and a knee in my face for Stagger Lee so a bit of a result there!

Ooh thanks so much for that! Loving that setlist, especially the inclusion of Higgs Boson, Mermaids and Love Letter :)

Gotta dig those point moves too. If I don't get a Cave knee/crotch/foot in my face in October I shall be very disappointed.